Irresponsible Animal Promotion: Free hamster with Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, I doubt there will be a similar fuss if a live market fish for dinnar is given instead..:bsmilie:

or if they are giving fresh water aquarium fish, i specifically say fresh water cause it is much easier to keep than sea water ones.

"Apologize, previous promotion has been withdrawn with immediate effect. "

Seems like they withdrew the promotion...good stuff..

oh!!:bigeyes:

did someone talk to the management or their management / staff is also cser.:think:

either way, it good ending.:thumbsup:

actually, common varieties of hamster are virtually worthless in a monetary sense. so, giving hamsters away with a purchase of say.. $50 of hamster equipments would make sense. i wanted to check out the promotion but they reacted quite fast to take it down

i say this cos i have 19 hamsters :bsmilie:. got my first two free and the rest is history :lovegrin:. but the maintenance is not exactly cheap (though probably nowhere compared to keeping fish, dogs or cats)

actually, quite surprise to see Passion Card dont select their business partner carefully.:nono:

or if they are giving fresh water aquarium fish, i specifically say fresh water cause it is much easier to keep than sea water ones.

Hey I did not mention fresh water aquarium fish cause some people love their fishes as much as some do dog or cats...

Anyway, I'm glad its dropped as well, but I'm sure it gives many ideas...hmmm..:think:
Winning Formula: If you buy A, give FREE B, so that you will then probably buy C...

How can this be used in photography biz?..

Positive outcome from the Clubsnap community concern.

Good to know that people here are taking action instead of folding their arms and saying not my problem and don't want to help, but when it becomes their problem they ask why nobody help them.

Last edited:
Hey I did not mention fresh water aquarium fish cause some people love their fishes as much as some do dog or cats...

Anyway, I'm glad its dropped as well, but I'm sure it gives many ideas...hmmm..:think:
Winning Formula: If you buy A, give FREE B, so that you will then probably buy C...

How can this be used in photography biz?..

there was a joke i had with a few friends of mine. "BUY BATTERY, SIONG CAMERA"

From free hamster become

Pets-station.gif

Yea, it was indeed good to see this promotion being called off.

They were actually specifically instructed by AVA to call off the promotion after being alerted by the SPCA.

But, nevertheless, kudos to SPCA, AVA as well as the merchant for reacting promptly....

But now, I hope the hamsters does indeed find themselves a good home/owner.
I'm begining to suspect if this free hamster promo is the result of an overstock by the merchant involved.

But on the otherhand, since both AVA and SPAC have already stepped in, I think they should turn out fine.... Lets hope the both agencies follow up on the fate of these animals...

Last edited:

indeed salt water tank is a cash guzzler. besides, not any glass tank can hold the weight of salt water. it can burst if it has thin & tall glass due to its density. so, for those who think its lovely to keep reef, check bank account 1st, think carefully 10 times over and over.

its good to see the merchant reacting to the public outrage. just hope they treasure these little ones even though they may not worth a cent to them.

as for the water bottle gift, honestly, such promotion is better than not advertising. they might be better off by giving further discount for every $25 spent so as to induce more spending. anyway, its better than hamsters though.

indeed salt water tank is a cash guzzler. besides, not any glass tank can hold the weight of salt water. it can burst if it has thin & tall glass due to its density. so, for those who think its lovely to keep reef, check bank account 1st, think carefully 10 times over and over.

its good to see the merchant reacting to the public outrage. just hope they treasure these little ones even though they may not worth a cent to them.

Serious? Hehe, saw those marine aquarium at tampines mall basement and was so tempted to install them in my hse.... But never check prices lah.... Now i think i will think 10 more times before asking for the price...

Later kena heart attack when hear the price:bsmilie:

Serious? Hehe, saw those marine aquarium at tampines mall basement and was so tempted to install them in my hse.... But never check prices lah.... Now i think i will think 10 more times before asking for the price...

Later kena heart attack when hear the price:bsmilie:

well, the salesman will tell you very cheap to maintain.

that is only getting tank, salt and deco and a few cheap damsels Total initial should be within $300. later, you have to get water treatment machines like skimmer, denitrator, calcium reactor with CO2 injection on solenoid module, chiller, surface skimmer and a host of additives plus test kits, you can look at spending easily $8k or more for a 4feet tank. Plus, you will see a $200 rise in your electric bill with your chiller running 24/7... i know cos i kept a small shark before at home for several years:sweat: i became a slave of the hobby though i enjoy hand feeding the pet everyday.

Yea, it was indeed good to see this promotion being called off.

They were actually specifically instructed by AVA to call off the promotion after being alerted by the SPCA.

But, nevertheless, kudos to SPCA, AVA as well as the merchant for reacting promptly....

But now, I hope the hamsters does indeed find themselves a good home/owner.
I'm begining to suspect if this free hamster promo is the result of an overstock by the merchant involved.

But on the otherhand, since both AVA and SPAC have already stepped in, I think they should turn out fine.... Lets hope the both agencies follow up on the fate of these animals...

This is GREAT NEWS!

I stand corrected. I didn't think the AVA would do anything about it, but I must say that some credit should go to the merchant for responding in such a manner. I wonder if it has something to do with Passioncard's involvement since PC is part of the PA, and the PA is ... :think:

This is GREAT NEWS!

I stand corrected. I didn't think the AVA would do anything about it, but I must say that some credit should go to the merchant for responding in such a manner. I wonder if it has something to do with Passioncard's involvement since PC is part of the PA, and the PA is ... :think:

Not sure abt tht. But I was told they have been told to obtain a animal exhibit license by AVA and will not be allowed to sell/give away any pets during the roadshow.

well, the salesman will tell you very cheap to maintain.

that is only getting tank, salt and deco and a few cheap damsels Total initial should be within $300. later, you have to get water treatment machines like skimmer, denitrator, calcium reactor with CO2 injection on solenoid module, chiller, surface skimmer and a host of additives plus test kits, you can look at spending easily $8k or more for a 4feet tank. Plus, you will see a $200 rise in your electric bill with your chiller running 24/7... i know cos i kept a small shark before at home for several years:sweat: i became a slave of the hobby though i enjoy hand feeding the pet everyday.

Wow, eh of all the equipments u mentioned above, i probably only know one or two of them... Haha, i think i wait until i strike it rich alrd then i install the tank bah... But 8K for a tank.... No joke leh....

It can be pretty cheap for a mini salt-water tank... but you'd need to know how to handle one in the first place. it's not for the beginners...

Not sure abt tht. But I was told they have been told to obtain a animal exhibit license by AVA and will not be allowed to sell/give away any pets during the roadshow.
yes, that what spca and ava replied. :)

spca.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.