Interior photography

Status
Not open for further replies.
:bigeyes: Wow.... then she really get a deal.......... i guess her is a freelance newbie with a digital SLR.... even I also wan to take.... ha...ha.... then charge $200 per angle ..... but first get a 17mm prime ???

That is very low quote my friend. BTW it seems that everyone thinks having a DSLR with wide angle len can shoot interior liao.

Ask any friend who has assisted professional Interior photographer such as Peter Mealin, Tettoni, Steve Nge , Leejien, Mun,Peter Chua, Albert Lim etc and U will soon hear SIONG SIONG SIONG!

On equipment part, U need huge investment to participate in this subject such as Shift lens, Digital Back minimum 22 megapixel 16 bits, Camera body such as Digiflex, SWC Digitar, ALPA, Hasselbald SWC plus packs of lightings/accessories & skill to cater to any techical aspects...these are not meant for any newbies or financially incapable or rich amateur.

But of course, if yr friend operates a salon in Upper Serangoon Rd with unties in slipper as customer, S$1000.00 per shot will be too much to part:bsmilie:

That is very low quote my friend. BTW it seems that everyone thinks having a DSLR with wide angle len can shoot interior liao.

Ask any friend who has assisted professional Interior photographer such as Peter Mealin, Tettoni, Steve Nge , Leejien, Mun,Peter Chua, Albert Lim etc and U will soon hear SIONG SIONG SIONG!

On equipment part, U need huge investment to participate in this subject such as Shift lens, Digital Back minimum 22 megapixel 16 bits, Camera body such as Digiflex, SWC Digitar, ALPA, Hasselbald SWC plus packs of lightings/accessories & skill to cater to any techical aspects...these are not meant for any newbies or financially incapable or rich amateur.

But of course, if yr friend operates a salon in Upper Serangoon Rd with unties in slipper as customer, S$1000.00 per shot will be too much to part:bsmilie:
very siong ah!

Actually, I have found that with technical skill, proper lighting and some neat stiching where required, DSLRs can do pretty darn good interiors...my experience in this line includes retouching (including stiching) interiors and have even shot a few of them myself...in my early days, I have even used my trusty 4Mpixel E10 to produce double digit Mpixel stiched images of one of the major spas in the Klang region but that's a long time ago before the previous batch of DSLRs came out, much less the current...

one problem with medium format, and I have worked with them some from where I just retired from ;p , is that the wide angles are not as wide as what you can get in DSLRs...and that can be a prob when doing tight locations...taking the Hassey's current H series, their widest current lens 35mm is considered pretty darn wide for say a 645 medium format, and that is like equivalent to a 20mm in a 35mm format, and their soon to arrive 28mm (which only work on the new H3 ;( ) is only pushing it to about 18mm equivalent (and taking into account also that the sensor is still slightly smaller than "fullframe" 645 then a "crop" factor comes into play as well)...whereas for the 35mm format we have stuff like 14mm rectilinear lenses for full frame and of course the famous 10-20 for DSLRs...so you end up either stiching shots anyway or going back to film pano cameras (or that crazy 160Mpixel scanning back that came out in this yr's photokina ;p )...and with the current resolution of DSLRs, only the really demanding clients are gonna insist on like >30Mpixel digital back images...and they would be made to pay for their requirment :devil:

Rite, only the very demanding people & that's why i said it's way-out for amateurs.

As concerning the wide lenses available on DSLR like 14mm Linear or 10.5mm, the edges to edges resolution is exetremely bad. I owned 2 of these & not very happy when U see the corners deteriorate & gradually turn murky:thumbsd:

And I wonder how to stitch when lens curvature is so bad though there are softwares that 'defish' but really, it just simply cropped away the critical parts & may make sense sticking to a moderate wide lens.:rolleyes: Much to it, the client will be very unhappy to see distorted vertical lines & worst senario is having people posed within the interior,they appeared like Martian:sweatsm: when stand too close or your work space is too cramp & when that space looks the only place for best composite.:devil:

Rite, only the very demanding people & that's why i said it's way-out for amateurs.

As concerning the wide lenses available on DSLR like 14mm Linear or 10.5mm, the edges to edges resolution is exetremely bad. I owned 2 of these & not very happy when U see the corners deteriorate & gradualy turn murky:thumbsd:

And I wonder how to stitch when lens curvature is so bad though there is a few softwares that 'defish' but really, it just simply cropped away the critical parts & may as well stick to a moderate wide lens.:rolleyes: Much to it, the client will be very unhappy to see distorted vertical lines & worst senario is having people posed within the interior,they appeared like Martian:sweatsm: when stand too close or your work space is too cramp & when that space looks the only place for best composite.:devil:

But of course, if yr friend operates a salon in Upper Serangoon Rd with unties in slipper as customer, S$1000.00 per shot will be too much to part:bsmilie:[/QUOTE]

However so, my friend is in downtown and they can only afford that much of a 1k. They can afford $10k to the likes of professional but it not worth the while...

They don't have aunties in slipper.... even if they do, they are still customer.... :sweat:

Being a freelancer... they have their own market and professional have their own market.... :think:

who say amateur can't own a Hasselbau... it doesn't mean a uncle can't own a ferrari while he is eating in a hawker stall ???

Probably I should re-phrase my thread to: Freelance interior photographer's charges... :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.