IntelliActions ver 2.2 - Automated Non Destructive Photoshop Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.
stylo said:
Thanks Willy! for the great stuff!

I'm using CS2 and have encountered the "Curves currently not available" when trying out the one of the actions, i think its 'shapen' action or the 'save as' action. Do you have any advise?
Hmm.. can you turn off the 'button' mode.. then you can see where the action stopped.. (the action will be highlighted red)...

wow. mad props for all this work

kudoos willy!
no wonder you were featured on TV :thumbsup:
They called you the multi-talented professional photographer :thumbsup:

To answer some queries on Intelli-Burn Dodge..
Select the "Burn & Dodge" layer and set brush opacity to say 5%..

To dodge(brighten) part of the image, choose foreground colour white and paint over those parts..
Conversly, to burn(darken), use foreground colour black..

Tip: Use "D" to set default color (Black) and "X" to swap colours..

To reverse the effect of burning & dodging.. fill the whole layer with 50% gray..
Or use brush with 50% gray (R128,G128,B128) to brush over those parts to restore..

willyfoo said:
To answer some queries on Intelli-Burn Dodge..
Select the "Burn & Dodge" layer and set brush opacity to say 5%..

To dodge(brighten) part of the image, choose foreground colour white and paint over those parts..
Conversly, to burn(darken), use foreground colour black..

Tip: Use "D" to set default color (Black) and "X" to swap colours..

To reverse the effect of burning & dodging.. fill the whole layer with 50% gray..
Or use brush with 50% gray (R128,G128,B128) to brush over those parts to restore..

lol i think best u reconduct your seminar :D

Haven't had time to document this properly..
Anybody free to do that?? I will give a personal run though of how each of the actions work.. and help me to put that in a html page...

Any volunteers?

willy... last time when you show some intelliaction in your laptop you got the lomo mode... i just dnload the ver 221 buat can't found one... /sob

archlover said:
willy... last time when you show some intelliaction in your laptop you got the lomo mode... i just dnload the ver 221 buat can't found one... /sob
Apologies... Intelli-Lomo will be in ver 2.3 but haven't released it yet.. will be out after the seminar..

Updated ver 2.3 with Intelli-Lomo..
http://willyfoo.com/tidbits/intelliactions/intelliactions_v23.zip

A few notes on Intelli-Lomo...
It's great for images that has a subject in the centre you need to focus on... skin tones may be warm after Intelli-Lomo.. a cooling layer is added there.. modify the opacity to your liking.

Also modified Intelli-Browning so that each layer is at 50% to start, making it easier to slide the opacity up to down to your liking..

Intelli-BW now shows u a few versions in this sequence.. 100% Red, 100% Green, 100% Blue, 50% Red 50% Green, Sepia, Sepia with b/w underlay and finally reverts to 50% Red 50% Green which should work for general b/w conversions. A grain layer available but hidden as default. A contrast layer and burn/dodge layer is put in as well..

Hi,

I am revising through the intelliactions and realised that I had forgotten which command or steps to do in the part where we can recover parts of the picture back into colour after we had converted the whole picture into black and white.

For example, if I had converted the whole picture into b&w and I want a certain subject to retain the original colour, the command or tool that I can do is to "wipe" away the b&w part to reveal back the original picture is which command? Can any kind soul help me through this and also for the benefit of the many others?

Thanks alot in advance!

okie. It seems I had found a way to do it. I hope my method is correct as the end result is what I wanted.

Steps:
Run the Intelli-BW Actions on your desired photo
Under the LAYERS (Shortcut key F7), click on the layer called "BW Mixer"
Then select the Brush Tool, adjust the Opacity percentage according to taste and start painting over the area you want to revert the colour!

Rather than do it on BW Mixer.. you should "Add Layer Mask" to the "Sepia/BW" layer and start painting on that maked layer instead.. this will give you control over the whole thing should you need to modify other layers within the layers group.

[
Also added in 3 new scripts...

ia_Insert Filename.jsx
ia_Force Landscape.jsx
ia_PSP.jsx

ie_PSP will automatically size photos down to a PSP size (480*272) and put exif info on the blank space on the right.. great when you batch through a whole folder with this and transfer to your PSP... (By the way, the PSP has the best display screen I've ever seen).
I'll update this later to accomodate other PDAs etc.

Ok.. got to board the plane now... have fun with these![/QUOTE]

Hi I tried to run PSP and it show that:

"error 4 unterminated string constant.
line 176
-> TI.contents = "Willyfoo "

What wrong with it?

Thank!

the download link is not working anymore.. where can i download a copy? thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.