Boats, Yamuna River

boatonRiverSmall.jpg

Boat and Bathing, Yamuna River

ManOnTheGangesSmall.jpg

Man, Yamuna River

boatmanOnTheRiverSmall.jpg

Boatman, Yamuna River

Nice people photos.

Are most of the people there willing to pose for photos, hope they are not like some Tibetian, which ask for money for taking their photos :sweat:

Nice people photos.

Are most of the people there willing to pose for photos, hope they are not like some Tibetian, which ask for money for taking their photos :sweat:

Thanks.

The Indian are mostly(90%) very friendly and most willing to pose infront of the camera. Thou there are a very slight minority that might ask for money. They are mostly kids and we generally ignore the adults. There are much more good than the bad. Most are only asking for alms also...

Are tibetian that bad ?? I might be going to Tibet next year. :D

Thanks.

The Indian are mostly(90%) very friendly and most willing to pose infront of the camera. Thou there are a very slight minority that might ask for money. They are mostly kids and we generally ignore the adults. There are much more good than the bad. Most are only asking for alms also...

Are tibetian that bad ?? I might be going to Tibet next year. :D
Some will ask for money, especially in tourist area, be it kid, elderly, men or even for their dog, cow (the worst case is even sometime they or their pet are not the main subject, but just caught in the photos, they will demand to show them photo, even you delete the photo they still ask for it) etc :sweat: Some are however willing to pose for free. But in the end I shoot at long zoom as don't want to go through the hassle.

Some will ask for money, especially in tourist area, be it kid, elderly, men or even for their dog, cow (the worst case is even sometime they or their pet are not the main subject, but just caught in the photos, they will demand to show them photo, even you delete the photo they still ask for it) etc Some are however willing to pose for free. But in the end I shoot at long zoom as don't want to go through the hassle.

aiyo, thats bad... hope i wont have the same problem next time...

anyway, here are some more...

boatmanOnTheRiverBW1Small.jpg

Boatman B/W

runningonwaterSmall.jpg

Running on River, Yamuna River

boatandFortSmall.jpg

Boat, Yamuna River

BridgeSmall.jpg

Bridge Maze, Allahabad

underthebridgeSmall.jpg

Under The Bridge, Allahabad

i seem to lost all my photos from Allahabad night to Veranasi... one whole day of photos gone... Due to my faulty corrupted HDD last time.... T_T

aiyo, thats bad... hope i wont have the same problem next time...
Hope they will improve over time.
i seem to lost all my photos from Allahabad night to Veranasi... one whole day of photos gone... Due to my faulty corrupted HDD last time.... T_T
Sorry to hear that, back up is the key nowaday for most photographer. I lost some of my favourite shots during tibet travel due to carelessness, as I thought I had copied to portable harddisk already, but which I didn't.

Sorry to hear that, back up is the key nowaday for most photographer. I lost some of my favourite shots during tibet travel due to carelessness, as I thought I had copied to portable harddisk already, but which I didn't.

which is why i still uses a laptop + an external 2.5" hdd. i simply do not feel safe using the portable hdd/card reader without picture display, although i have one.

unless epson hdd/card reader becomes more affordable and of reasonable viewing size, i.e at least 8", i probably would still use a laptop. heard of the 1kg kojinsha but dun think it is powerful enough for photoshop.

which is why i still uses a laptop + an external 2.5" hdd. i simply do not feel safe using the portable hdd/card reader without picture display, although i have one.

unless epson hdd/card reader becomes more affordable and of reasonable viewing size, i.e at least 8", i probably would still use a laptop. heard of the 1kg kojinsha but dun think it is powerful enough for photoshop.

Ya, lesson learn, Thanks goodness i still manage to back up some onto Binbeto's HDD... else all the efforts will be gone... Since i cant retrieve back many photos.

I have to start on Veranasi...

to continue from here...

VeranasiGautSmall.jpg

Gaut, Veranasi

AlleyVeranasi1Small.jpg

Scene in the Morning, Veranasi

SceneInTheMorningSmall.jpg

Scene in the Morning 2, Veranasi

AlleyVeranasiSmall.jpg

Alley Way, Veranasi

AlleyVeranasi2Small.jpg

Alley Way 2, Veranasi

OfferingSmall.jpg

Offering to the River, Veranasi

burningGautSmall.jpg

Burning Gaut, Veranasi

More on veranasi

FunPanoSmall.jpg

Fun Shot, lousy Pano, Veranasi

boatAtSunriseGangesSmall.jpg

Boat at Sunrise, Veranasi

boatOnGangesSmall.jpg

Boat at Ganges, Veranasi

DippingSmall.jpg

Dipping, Veranasi

guatSmall.jpg

Gaut, Veranasi

Bath1BWSmall.jpg

Man Bathing B/W, Veranasi

ScholarAtGangesSmall.jpg

Student, Veranasi

bluewomanSmall.jpg

Woman in Blue, Veranasi

youngmanGautBWSmall.jpg

Young Man, Veranasi

more random photos...

SweepingSmall.jpg

Sweeping, Burning Ghat, Veranasi

fortOverVEranasiSmall.jpg

Boatman and Fort, Veranasi

embarkingSmall.jpg

Embarking,Veranasi

fatmanSmall.jpg

Fatman, Veranasi

FerryVeranasiSmall.jpg

Ferry, Veranasi

glasswareSmall.jpg

Glassware, Veranasi

holymenSmall.jpg

Holymen, Veranasi

manInMeditationSmall.jpg

man and meditation, Veranasi

sceneOnVeranasisMALL.jpg

Scene 1, Veranasi

sceneOnVeranasi1Small.jpg

Scene 2, Veranasi

wetwomanfeetSmall.jpg

Wet feet, Veranasi

dryingClothes2Small.jpg

Drying, Veranasi

Holyman1Small.jpg

Holy Man, Veranasi

paintingSmall.jpg

Scene Painting, Veranasi

littlegirlInRedSmall.jpg

Little girl, Veranasi

boybybluewindowSmall.jpg

Little Boy, Veranasi

FerryVeranasiSmall.jpg

Ferry, Veranasi

the large blob on the left seems to ruin everything. but this picture is of very high potential with better framing (frame lower? if no obstacles) and pararomic view.

other than that, ramius, your environmental portraits and many of the night shots are impressive. i especially like the student, the sweeping and the last two shots.

the large blob on the left seems to ruin everything. but this picture is of very high potential with better framing (frame lower? if no obstacles) and pararomic view.

other than that, ramius, your environmental portraits and many of the night shots are impressive. i especially like the student, the sweeping and the last two shots.

hi, thanks for the comment... ya, i was disappointed with the blob on the top left also. did think of cloning it away... but its too big... croppint to panaroma will be another solution also... i think i need to focus and concentrate better next time when im taking photos... most of the composition here are instinctive. i hope i can do better next time... really long time never take photos since the India trip... very rusty...

Status
Not open for further replies.