increased my budget, so now what to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
still considering between them 3.. lol.. wanted to go down today but had a round of heavy migraine end up stuck in bed until now.. guess i've to wait for next weekend then :|

Actually there is nothing difficult.Just go to well known shop(CP or John 3:16 etc.) and try out all the DSLRs you want.Like D60 then buy.Don't like then buy D3.Just kidding...:bsmilie:

But seriously,it's your personal preferance.I hate canon grips so i buy nikon.But does that mean that others won't buy Canon?

If I may suggest, drop the idea of 4/3s and add the D60 to your list. You can compare the prices of lenses, image quality based on reviews and prices from this site. However, you need to compare the 3 cameras side by side to make an assesment of the features that you like. Last point, don't listen to sales talk, walk away if you are unsure.

definitely will run back here for more opinions, after getting talked into buying P80 once and having one whole day worth of leave wasted just to settle it and still had to refund back, i've sure learnt my lesson..

hmm sure thanks, looking at it now, dropped the A300, so its now either 450D or D60 to try! :p

may i know if the budget includes stuff like a bag? assuming u will be getting enough memory cards (??GB size-wise) bundled together. if u got no bag now u need a bag to bring the gear out.

gears get acquired over time so the 1st bag may not get used after that.

Most importantly, consider the ergonomics of the camera. IMHO, the Sony wins hands-down in that department, I find it much more comfortable to hold than the Canon.

Handling is another very subjective factor to consider, which is why many bros here have suggested you go down to a shop and physically feel and try the cameras.

hmm sure thanks, looking at it now, dropped the A300, so its now either 450D or D60 to try! :p

You dropped the A300? Possibly the best out of the 3? Remember, Nikon uses Sony sensors.

Ah well, it's your money, just try to live without regrets. :)

may i know if the budget includes stuff like a bag? assuming u will be getting enough memory cards (??GB size-wise) bundled together. if u got no bag now u need a bag to bring the gear out.

gears get acquired over time so the 1st bag may not get used after that.

bag wise i've set aside 80, is that amount enough?

Handling is another very subjective factor to consider, which is why many bros here have suggested you go down to a shop and physically feel and try the cameras.

i'm working usually until 8 in the evening, so im still trying to find time to go down on weekends, but definitely would try to :)

You dropped the A300? Possibly the best out of the 3? Remember, Nikon uses Sony sensors.

Ah well, it's your money, just try to live without regrets. :)

true, but if i were to drop the tilting lcd and Live View *could someone tell me what's that btw?*, going for the A200 would be practically the same, since it also has the antishake system for clumsy nuts like me, at the same price, i can get 2 lens instead which is great for a new user like me, but its not as good for nightshots..

all in all, it boils down to me either finding a leave slot so i can apply for half day.. or run down on saturday... >_<

bag wise i've set aside 80, is that amount enough?

i'm working usually until 8 in the evening, so im still trying to find time to go down on weekends, but definitely would try to :)

Should be enough for a decent bag.

Where do you work? Is it anywhere close to city hall? There is a shop that opens past 8pm - John 3:16, located on the fifth floor of Funan Mall.

im working at ubi area, by the time i reach the nearest mrt station its around 8.30-9 depending on my bus 'luck'
if only there's a good shop in tampines :|

true, but if i were to drop the tilting lcd and Live View *could someone tell me what's that btw?*, going for the A200 would be practically the same, since it also has the antishake system for clumsy nuts like me, at the same price, i can get 2 lens instead which is great for a new user like me, but its not as good for nightshots..

all in all, it boils down to me either finding a leave slot so i can apply for half day.. or run down on saturday... >_<

Live view lets you see the picture on the LCD before you shoot it, like a PnS. It's the new whizz-bang feature on a lot of DSLRs, hence the benefit of the tilting LCD.

As for night shots (long exposures), they're all just as capable, really. Unless you mean extremely high ISO shots; here, the Canon has an edge, with the D60 and A200/A300 having similar levels of ISO noise.

shucks, if only i can have hands on for all of them for a week :p then maybe i'll reach the decision way faster, lol

hey all, sorry to disturb again, after checking my savings and selling off my stuff, i've around 1.2k budget, played around with my friend's 450D and felt, screw it, just go for a DSLR instead even though the bulk is a bit of trouble.

with that budget, what would you guys recommend? hoping there's a good xmas sale in dec but without letting my hopes go too high and being a 'kiasu' guy who likes to do alot of 'homework' before purchase.. you get the picture

i was considering DSLR-A300X kit which includes (DT18-70mm, DT55-200mm)

EOS 450D Kit (EF S18-55IS) 1.3k?

and E-520 (i can't find the details on pricing here nor the web)

*edit:this part taken out* :)

indoor shots, office use, scenic, outings (i still havent take the picture of the #%@ lions)

I suggest the 450D but if weight is of a great concern, the e520 is a good buy.

shucks, if only i can have hands on for all of them for a week :p then maybe i'll reach the decision way faster, lol

Thats true. You should not reach a quick decision solely on paper specs and what people recommend without prior handling. No point holding an uncomfortable brick that has great specs but feels like a torture operating it

But one week to try hard la where to get. Unless u borrow from friends.

Ryan

Last edited:
Get canon. Better noise control, more range of lenses.
Yes I'm canon supporter dun flame me pls;)

Get canon. Better noise control, more range of lenses.
Yes I'm canon supporter dun flame me pls;)

Frankly, there is no point in 'supporting' a brand (unless you have an endorsement deal with them :bsmilie:). A camera is a tool.

That said, out of your choices, Canon has the best noise control so if you are talking about shooting in low light with high ISOs, then go for the Canon 450D

hmm ok, thanks alot for the help everyone, most prob will be going down tomorrow since im taking half day to see doctor :)

You said you are the kind who would do a lot of homework before a purchase?

Since you are taking the first step in investing in a brand, have you considered renting the shortlisted cameras?

Rent a different on different weekends, that should give you more than enough chance to see if you want to commit to the system. It should cost slightly above 100 dollars in total. This could be money well spent as you are making a long term investment in a system.

You said you are the kind who would do a lot of homework before a purchase?

Since you are taking the first step in investing in a brand, have you considered renting the shortlisted cameras?

Rent a different on different weekends, that should give you more than enough chance to see if you want to commit to the system. It should cost slightly above 100 dollars in total. This could be money well spent as you are making a long term investment in a system.

haha yep, i did look at the rental link, have considered it but have yet to decide whether to do so, thanks alot :)

Status
Not open for further replies.