inconsistency in Fuji xt2 evf and LCD color reproduction (temperature and exposure)

Noticing that the evf preview of the same picture is cooler and brighter then that from the lcd. I didnt notice this issue with xt1.

Did a search an I see that there are ppl reporting this issue in sept as well.
Must say abit disappointed.

www.fuji-x-forum.com/topic/3992-color-inaccuracy-of-evf-vs-lcd-x-t2-vs-x-t1

You know what,everyone has this problem so it's not just Fuji.:D First you have to understand whatever preview whether evf or LCD is just a tool to give an approximation as you know your visual perceptionis based on the actual lighting environment eg. looking at lcd in broad daylight vs the big monitor in your post processing room is a lot different. What I can suggest is you can fine tune the colours in the LCD adjustment menu to aproximate fuji's normal output Jpeg but that means your are not using default settings of the camera design for good or worse .The evf you can't do anything about it or at least in terms of colour as it display what the sensor is receiving and converting light to analog picture.

I do understand color management and viewing condition and I make the statement I made with that in mind.

On your remarks in your last statemeant, I beg to differ...evf and lcd are all previewing what the sensor receive and It should be in tune. JPEG film simulation for Fuji cameras are apply instantaneously in real time to both evf and lcd ...

I am not asking both to have same calibration to like below 1 delta e....

But color temperature and exposure shld not differ too much in the lcd and evf ...

To update ...it seems that part of the problem is caused by auto brightness for evf is set on by default causing some scene in lcd to be brighter then what is rendered in evf.
And the rest of the problem seems to be solve with a reset of firmware.

Whoever has the same problem please take note.

Last edited:
Should take note.

If I don't recall wrongly, The screen used on the VF is OLED and the LCD is a normal display panel.