Imaging-Expo Singapore and PIX Exhibition 2-4 Nov 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
The exhibitors occupied at most half of the exhibition area.

The Hasselblad booth was quite popular. But the rest of the area is not happening.

Apart from the high end Canon stuff that was on the show, nothing else was interesting. OK, there was also the macro equipment on the side.

No Nikon, Sony, Olympus, Panasonic and Pentax. Nothing.

The show was highly disappointing, extremely poor compared to IT show. I guess we have too many of these.

PS: The Sigma SD14 has very very disappointing performance. Sigh...

i think Nikon were not there because their latest cameras were not ready to show....

the Canon 1Ds Mk III .......whew.....they had one paired with a 1200mm and another paired with a 600mm tele.....both rigs held up by a killer tripod and head combo.... sweet....

The platform where the lens is mounted on is shaking like on a boat! Looking through the lens for too long you probably get sea sick!

what, no body looked at the coolest item on exhibit, the Sinar Hy6 at the Gin booth?... way cool, much lighter than the Hassey H series yet a 66 format instead of the Hassey's 645 format... and with rotating handle... :bigeyes::sweat::cool:

Ya man and the ability to use all the Rollei AF lenses...all the Schneider and Carl Zeiss babies :thumbsup:

No chance to test it out. Maybe can go down to Gin studio to take a look or during the Bron Color event they are organising ;)

A thank you note to the organisers, Mable and all :)

See you guys at the next Imaging Expo in 2008.

Thanks to the organizers!

Here is my overview of the exhibition, with some photos of the pretty models who turned up for live photo demonstrations. Apologies for the inaccurate focus and camera shake.

Enjoy! :)

Attended PIX Conference on Sat and Sun, Sat as student volunteer.

Below are some pictures taken during an outdoor session with Bryan as part of his presentation titled "Macro photography". Taken on Sunday around 11am.

http://clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324032

I missed that one. When for the Fashion Photography, which is a live display of studio shoot. :)

Thanks the organisers for organising this event.
Truely enjoyed the seminars attended, but wish some will extend longer.
Hopefully, it will be an annual event. Cheers!

thanks to the organisers for bringing in the great speakers! hehe... can you folks make it a BIGGER event in 2008? :bsmilie:

I enjoyed the show too, especially it's free and no crowd to negotiate with.
Really looking forward to the same event next year.

Uploaded my other model shots in my flickr's site. Plse check it out and leave your comment there. Thanks.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/raymond101/

Good effort by the organisers in doing such an event.
But strangely sat's crowd wasn't as what I would expect but
it would be good at times especially when you wanna listen
to the free talks etc.
Enjoyed totally on the talk by some Lao Jiao on studio
lightings and how to shoot etc. Some very constructive
and useful tips especially on how to setup the lights
for studio shoots are very good for beginners like me.

Just some "unhappiness" caused by fellow photographers
at the hall as most free talks (i would say all, but that's
me) need people around to turn off their flashes but seemed
like they are too engrossed in snapping pictures that
they didn't hear that / realised their flash actually triggers
the lightning eqpt.

I guess its a good thing to listen hear and then do. But again
it's just me. :)

It's a nice experience I think. The number of visitors may be too few, but it is very very comfortable to walk around. It's great to meet lots of people there. :thumbsup: :)

Ya man and the ability to use all the Rollei AF lenses...all the Schneider and Carl Zeiss babies :thumbsup:

No chance to test it out. Maybe can go down to Gin studio to take a look or during the Bron Color event they are organising ;)
I actually handled and shot off a few frames but didn't have the presence of mind to ask if I can slot in my CF card... had to rush off for the next talk :embrass:

yeah, thanks to the organisers... any really, really early bird specials for next year's edition?... as well, maybe can convince N----, O------ and S--- to join in...

heh... i dun think u're from shanghai, right? cos the guy sitting next to me in the bus was a sony user. the other sony user was sitting behind me.... dun tell me u are him? :bsmilie:

Yup, that was me

Hi everyone!!

Thank you so much for your all support! It has been great organising IES/PIX for this community! We are all tired but very satisfied and happy.

IES/PIX is a professional and high profile event, therefore we are very strict with visitor registrations and dress code. Our exhibitors had made the effort to get knowledgeable and experienced people to be at the booth (not just temp staff), therefore as organisers we have to be strict with entry. It is not about the quantity, it is about the quality. :D

I apologise to those who were turned away POLITELY (either because you were not dressed appropriately *slippers AND shorts* or you started being verbally abusive towards any of our staff). I would like to welcome you back next year.

And LOOK OUT FOR EARLY BIRD SPECIALS!!!!!!!!

We will come back bigger and better. See you in 2008! ;)

Hi everyone!!

Thank you so much for your all support! It has been great organising IES/PIX for this community! We are all tired but very satisfied and happy.

IES/PIX is a professional and high profile event, therefore we are very strict with visitor registrations and dress code. Our exhibitors had made the effort to get knowledgeable and experienced people to be at the booth (not just temp staff), therefore as organisers we have to be strict with entry. It is not about the quantity, it is about the quality. :D

I apologise to those who were turned away POLITELY (either because you were not dressed appropriately *slippers AND shorts* or you started being verbally abusive towards any of our staff). I would like to welcome you back next year.

great effort. hopefully next yr will be a better and bigger exhibition.

Singapore can be the hub in S.E.Asia. :thumbsup:

Hi everyone!!

looking forward to it :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.