iLight @ Marina Bay 2012

Ahtim78

Nov 3, 2010
Hi guys,

Sharing few pic from marina bay that i took on Saturday evening.

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

Thanks for viewing, CC are welcome for further improvement. =D

Very Nice... :D wanted to go there but cant make it... sighzzz
btw what lens u using? And how long was your exposure timing?

Great Pix! :)

Great Pix! :)

Thanks vee5 =D

Very Nice... :D wanted to go there but cant make it... sighzzz
btw what lens u using? And how long was your exposure timing?

Hi KelvinM,

Thanks for your Like, i m using Nikon AF-S 16-85mm Lens
Shot at F16, exposure of 1min.

Hi, #2 is nice because of the exposure but that building on the left frame has to be corrected. Most of the frame are very tight.
You are using the 16-85 and so is time to buy a UWA and I'm sure you will really enjoy it.....:)

Hi, #2 is nice because of the exposure but that building on the left frame has to be corrected. Most of the frame are very tight.
You are using the 16-85 and so is time to buy a UWA and I'm sure you will really enjoy it.....:)

Hi girl,

You mean the building on Marina Bay Sand or MBFC building have to be corrected ?
The cut off of the MBFC building on the right was due to stretching my lens at 16mm liao can't go wider anymore... but if don't stretch to to 16mm then my whole frame will look even tighter, and u r right.. i need a UWA len any 3rd part UWA len to recommend ?

Thanks for your CC and some pointers for my improvement , m looking forward to more of your pics so that i can learn more from u =D

Hi girl,

You mean the building on Marina Bay Sand or MBFC building have to be corrected ?
The cut off of the MBFC building on the right was due to stretching my lens at 16mm liao can't go wider anymore... but if don't stretch to to 16mm then my whole frame will look even tighter, and u r right.. i need a UWA len any 3rd part UWA len to recommend ?

Thanks for your CC and some pointers for my improvement , m looking forward to more of your pics so that i can learn more from u =D

Hi Athim78,
You can do vertical correction but is also too tight after correction.That is why you will need a UWA lens.
Honestly, I don't know much about the brands. Last time, I'm using a 15-85 and I have the same problem like you and have to do pano all the time. Now I am using the Canon 10-22 on my 7D and i'm happy with it. So i think you can look for one that is this wide.

Goodnight...

Hi Athim78,
You can do vertical correction but is also too tight after correction.That is why you will need a UWA lens.
Honestly, I don't know much about the brands. Last time, I'm using a 15-85 and I have the same problem like you and have to do pano all the time. Now I am using the Canon 10-22 on my 7D and i'm happy with it. So i think you can look for one that is this wide.

Goodnight...

hi ,
thanks for your reminder, i decided to get Tokina 11-16 UWA lens soon. =D

very nice! any PPs done? I also have 16-85, seeing your pics makes me wanna go there and shoot :)

very nice! any PPs done? I also have 16-85, seeing your pics makes me wanna go there and shoot :)

i only increase 5% out of 100% of sharpness and some saturation.

the tricks of 16-85 len is to use F16 aperture for long exposure

i only increase 5% out of 100% of sharpness and some saturation.

the tricks of 16-85 len is to use F16 aperture for long exposure

i see thanks! ;) keep it up!

may i ask what body were u using? :)

what is that strange white line in the middle of #5?

6)

7)

Nikon D7000

Thks for the reply~! my frens JAW was down when he saw ur pics lols ur body answer will be enough to poison him to get a new body lols~~~ hes now with a beginner setup now where near D7000's specs while i'm a new user of D7000 cheers~

not to forget nice pics! keep up the gd work!

Thks for the reply~! my frens JAW was down when he saw ur pics lols ur body answer will be enough to poison him to get a new body lols~~~ hes now with a beginner setup now where near D7000's specs while i'm a new user of D7000 cheers~

not to forget nice pics! keep up the gd work!

hi,

no doubts D7000 has a bigger megapixels but when come to taking landscape pic, i believe an entry lvl dslr will also can achieve my D7000 result, is abt the proper step in setting your camera to take a sharp landscape pic and also not to forget a good lens produce a sharp image ( don't trust your kit lens) lol .

Thanks for appreciating my pic.

Cheer =D

Very nice :thumbsup:
Any more photos to share?

Very nice :thumbsup:
Any more photos to share?

Hi ,

you can go to the threat title " When the Sun going down" under Night photography for more of my shot

Thanks for your "Like". =D