I1 Display Pro or Spyder 5?

DSolZ

Mar 6, 2010
Anyone using I1 Display Pro? I1 display pro being 5 years old... is it still comparable with Spyder 5 elite?

I1 Display Pro is the standard for the prepress, fineArt and the Pro.

I guess it has to be good then. PM James. He say he will choose I1 as well.
Earlier today there is a promo going on for I1 in BH photo. Price for i1 is the same as spider 5 express.

I guess it has to be good then. PM James. He say he will choose I1 as well.
Earlier today there is a promo going on for I1 in BH photo. Price for i1 is the same as spider 5 express.

It was $149 right? Same as the Spyder 5 Pro you mean, which is listed for $149 on BHP now.

They previously had the Datacolor spyder products on promo too. Think the Pro was US$109, and the Elite was US$174.
Amazon too has had them on promo. Lightning deal last month: The Pro was US$138, Elite $106

It was $149 right? Same as the Spyder 5 Pro you mean, which is listed for $149 on BHP now.

They previously had the Datacolor spyder products on promo too. Think the Pro was US$109, and the Elite was US$174.
Amazon too has had them on promo. Lightning deal last month: The Pro was US$138, Elite $106
Yea I mean same as spyder pro.

Thought technically all sypder Are the same in term of hardware ..only difference is software.

Spyder will give a strong magenta cast after a few years to tell u its time for a change. i1 will maintain the color accuracy, but I think the light metering will be slightly off. That's based on my memory...

Anyway I have both Spyder (though its just a Spyder3Pro) and i1display pro in my hands, the i1 is way more accurate compared to the prints. I calibrated with displaycal, which gave even more accuracy but a lot more effort.

Yea I mean same as spyder pro.

Thought technically all sypder Are the same in term of hardware ..only difference is software.

The Spyder 5 hardware is different. And is very much improved over Spyder 3 pro. I have both..

Spyder will give a strong magenta cast after a few years to tell u its time for a change. i1 will maintain the color accuracy, but I think the light metering will be slightly off. That's based on my memory...

Anyway I have both Spyder (though its just a Spyder3Pro) and i1display pro in my hands, the i1 is way more accurate compared to the prints. I calibrated with displaycal, which gave even more accuracy but a lot more effort.

I tried using display cal with Spyder 3 pro. Very long calibration process... And I get failure when it write lut. Not a geek in these stuff...displaycal is not user friendly.. Though it is free.