I know the price of 30D

Status
Not open for further replies.

holeinone

Jan 27, 2004
Tampines
I am in Tokyo now and have visited a number of camera shops. Yes, the camera shops are the biggest I have seen anywhere. And I mean HUGE.

Prices are about the same as Singapore for most things but for some selected models, they are cheaper here in Japan.

The stores are starting to take pre-orders for the 30D and guess the price? About S$2200+!!! That means very much cheaper than the 20D when it was first launched.

No gaurantees that Singapore prices will be the same and it might be much higher. But if you get it here, it will be ard $2200 and maybe even cheaper as they do not charge tourists the 5% tax.

Tempted? ;)

I dont think singapore will be selling for $2200. Likely to be a few hundred dollars more, maybe ard $2500. This is a new model and not an outgoing one.

Freebies are usually not worth as much as they claim.

No way man. I want my 30D with 12 month NICE NICE warrenty by canon. haha i'll skip the grey.

Wow! I wonder much value the 20D will drop, if 30D is S$2.2k...

will the manual be in english if you buy in japan?

will the warranty be valid in singapore?

I sense the price would be $2,999 with a lot of freebies..

holeinone said:
I dont think singapore will be selling for $2200. Likely to be a few hundred dollars more, maybe ard $2500. This is a new model and not an outgoing one.

Freebies are usually not worth as much as they claim.
Wa! if $2200 don't mind get from Japan... New cam should be quite safe to last beyond warranty 1 year.. keke.. just my personal view though :embrass:

newmemberz said:
2.2K is possible I think.

Since shops now selling 20D at 2.2K with a lot of freebies worth over $350.

which shops is selling the 20D for 2.2k? Including gst? The cheapest quote I got for the 20D was around 2.4k incl gst

miniUltraman said:
Wa! if $2200 don't mind get from Japan... New cam should be quite safe to last beyond warranty 1 year.. keke.. just my personal view though :embrass:

right, if possible will get from there also. 1 yr for a new cam should be good enough for hobby usage. ;)

MS colour selling S$2200 for 20D....

wind30 said:
which shops is selling the 20D for 2.2k? Including gst? The cheapest quote I got for the 20D was around 2.4k incl gst

Pls have a look on my thread "Price EOS 20D drop!!!"

even one guy telling that AP selling at S$1900 Body only. :)

newmemberz said:
Pls have a look on my thread "Price EOS 20D drop!!!"

even one guy telling that AP selling at S$1900 Body only. :)
I think that guy must be a regular customer for AP, if not i dun think they'll give such a good price for it. At least for now.:think:

Redieye said:
I think that guy must be a regular customer for AP, if not i dun think they'll give such a good price for it. At least for now.:think:
Brudder Andy ... dont believe in all these talks about getting dirt cheap prices of the brand NEW local 20D cams.... the real lowest ones are here .>>> :thumbsup: http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=177150

Canonised said:
Brudder Andy ... dont believe in all these talks about getting dirt cheap prices of the brand NEW local 20D cams.... the real lowest ones are here .>>> :thumbsup: http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=177150

Hello, sir....
2 days ago, MS color e-quote me S$2200 with freebies I stated in my thread.
So selling the body only at 1900 very likely.
Pls get your facts right before you speak up. :nono:

30D retails for AUD 2200 ~ SGD 2600 body only , so expect shops to sell them around AUD 2000 - 2100.
And considering Singapore camera gear price are normally cheaper than Australia, 30D might sell for around SGD 2200 too.

Now .. if Nikon drop their D200 price :p

b18 said:
30D retails for AUD 2200 ~ SGD 2600 body only , so expect shops to sell them around AUD 2000 - 2100.
And considering Singapore camera gear price are normally cheaper than Australia, 30D might sell for around SGD 2200 too.

Now .. if Nikon drop their D200 price :p

good analogy.
I second this. Hope it's true. :p

newmemberz said:
Hello, sir....
2 days ago, MS color e-quote me S$2200 with freebies I stated in my thread.
So selling the body only at 1900 very likely.
Pls get your facts right before you speak up. :nono:

Is $2200 with or without GST?

Status
Not open for further replies.