I dont like DSLR (for its weight/size)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D3000 or D5000 using inbuild Flash with a $10 flash diffusal plus a 35mm afs f1.8 prime lens.
Light, fast and high iso performance

Last edited:
from ur mentioned kits, jus use the tamron and get a smaller flash to do the job.
a sb600 should b ok

Compact with High ISO IQ close to DSLR for shooting kids... er... I'm still searching for one too.

As for now, you can try a entry-level DSLR (smaller) with a fix lens (35/f2)?
It will bring the weight/size down.

used my d90 WITH 50/f1.8 still dont like the hassle of lugging it around....from what i see im definitely asking way too much for a compact camera

from ur mentioned kits, jus use the tamron and get a smaller flash to do the job.
a sb600 should b ok

the sb900 isnt really mounted on the cam....only as and when needed...probably im just lazy the bring the D90 around

by the way i also feel that this could be due to the way i'm bringing the camera along as currently I have Tamrac velocity 8x , Lowe pro Inverse 200 , Kata 3N1-20 .......probably if i have a bag that makes it easier to bring around it would be better??

Not sure if i'm gonna get bombarded but here it goes.......

I like taking picture of my kids basically snapshots and not really into the arty-farty photography thingy that most of you guys here are on.....previously own couple of compact which include Canon S5is and now own a D90 with a couple of lens in the arsenal.....i been pretty much not satisfied with any of my compact/P&S but very happy with my D90 but i kinda hate it to bring it along after sometime owning the D90 due to the size and weight.....normally i just have the tamron 17-50 or sigma 18-250 on the camera and SB900 in the bag but i still feel a hassle to bring it everywhere i go...so the question is am i stuck with a dslr or is there a compact that has close to DSLR IQ.....i'm mostly dissatisfied for the poor high ISO IQ of all my previous compact.....i have a feeling i'm asking too much from a compact

hey did u read the sunday papers, full page article on Olympus PEN EP-1... that should be ur solution

http://www.olympus-global.com/en/news/2009a/nr090616ep1e.cfm

yup...read it....keeping my options open for now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.