I am still fat.

I becoming alert at night, sleepy during the day. So, need some sugar for my diet else hard to control. Maybe got addicted to it but also cut down as compare to last time. Just drank a cup of tea but added honey to sweeten it. Saw an article about honey and cinnamon will help to reduce weight, will try it out.

U shld sleep whenever yr body is sleepy. It's a way of telling u that u need to recover and rest.

Having time off in the day is a good thing, coz u can do more exercises than most of us who needs to work in the day. U can go swimming pool where its not crowded.

Plan out a regime and stick to it. My advice still the same. Control yr diet, sugar, don't eat outside food, walk as exercise, swim, etc.

Last edited:
U shld sleep whenever yr body is sleepy. It's a way of telling u that u need to recover and rest. Having time off in the day is a good thing, coz u can do more exercises than most of us who needs to work in the day. U can go swimming pool where its not crowded. Plan out a regime and stick to it. My advice still the same. Control yr diet, sugar, don't eat outside food, walk as exercise, swim, etc.

I staying a lone and pointless to cook myself. Therefore, daily food is from stall. But I not going for those salty type, mostly plain plus one meat or so. Now just train by doing more housework n drink less can drinks lor. Will work on it.

I staying a lone and pointless to cook myself. Therefore, daily food is from stall. But I not going for those salty type, mostly plain plus one meat or so. Now just train by doing more housework n drink less can drinks lor. Will work on it.

This is a very good example for u to learn on how to cope.

U need to aim to be like this pump attendant

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/the-graveyard-shift-the/2488044.html
Sent from Channel NewsAsia Android app.

Remember to eat less outside food and eat more donuts. :bsmilie:

I staying a lone and pointless to cook myself. Therefore, daily food is from stall.
Learn to cook for yourself and you have full control over ingredients and preparation. You might also discover that there is more food than what you see in the stalls.
Awareness and conscious eating is the key.

It's not cutting off totally. It's to reduce by large amount.

Me as example, I don't take can or soft drinks. I take coffee with less less or no sugar. No comdensed milk crap. I still take some pastry, bread, even chocolate, ice cream, etc.

I drink 3 litre of plain water daily.

And I'm still alive and kicking with 70kg weight
do you know the local Kopi we like to drink, sugar and margarine is added in when they roast the kopi beans. So you even you order a cup of Kopi hor kosong, sugar is already in the drink.

and if you study the cooking recipes of home-made pastry, you will know how much sugar needed, but outside pastry shops will double that amount. and also add salt into it.

not forgetting cooked food, to save time and money, food vendors just add MSG, sugar, and salt.

there is no way to reduce the sugar input by large amount if you choose eat outside food, because you have not total control at all.

come to think of it, most people eat outside food most of the time, than try to spend time and money on gym to do weight control. do you think that is effective?

isn't better to save the time and money to prepare your own meals?

do you know the local Kopi we like to drink, sugar and margarine is added in when they roast the kopi beans. So you even you order a cup of Kopi hor kosong, sugar is already in the drink.

and if you study the cooking recipes of home-made pastry, you will know how much sugar needed, but outside pastry shops will double that amount. and also add salt into it.

not forgetting cooked food, to save time and money, food vendors just add MSG, sugar, and salt.

there is no way to reduce the sugar input by large amount if you choose eat outside food, because you have not total control at all.

That's why I keep saying don't eat outside food

Agree on the part about sugar and oil in pastry and cakes .... Have been baking my own these few months... Shocked by the amount of sugar and oil I have to put into the mix ....

That's why I keep saying don't eat outside food
Or go to places where one can see what goes into the pot. It also helps to consider quality of ingredients. There are several reasons why the soup stall is only asking for $3, none of them makes it a healthy meal.

Agree on the part about sugar and oil in pastry and cakes .... Have been baking my own these few months... Shocked by the amount of sugar and oil I have to put into the mix ....

Yes, if u do baking, u will know the huge amt of sugar goes into the food.

Just check out the baking recipe books.

Every time you want to go eat some bad food tell yourself thank you God for this food and just go ahead and eat it and don't feel guilty about it. When you feel sleepy tell yourself thank you God for making me sleepy. You must realize your body is controlling you. You are being lazy. Mother nature gets pissed off at us when we act like this and she let's us know about it too.

I just had papaya for breakfast.

BBTM, this is the way u shld go

https://sg.style.yahoo.com/post/138825330768/the-7-foods-at-airports-you-should-avoid-at-all
Notice all the nutritionists in this article said the same word over and over again that they will always avoid?
"Sugar"
And as always: don't forget the context. This article is about food on airports and during traveling, a period of reduced physical activity. In such situations, any high energy food will directly get converted into body fats simply because it is not needed at this moment. That's why the people quoted here opt for low energy, high fiber, high protein food plus water.
Depending on the actual daily work situation this might not be useful. if the job requires physical activities then any low carb food is rather dangerous. I would suggest at first to do a proper analysis of the actual energy requirements based on the typical daily activities. Secondly, a deep dive into eating habits, types of food etc. From there, the required amounts and types of food for the day can be defined in order to supply all essential nutrients and to achieve the weight reduction.
Weight reduction demands for a change of life style. It doesn't come with the occasional fruit added after the third heavy fried noodles meal.

Ha ha! Who ask me to cook myself!? Later I going to have maggi me, luncheons meat (less 40% sodium), baked beans and two eggs for dinner. Still unhealthy but all shops closed and still having packing to be done. Anyway, I reduced salt intake by having only a pack of msg for two packs of noodles. Pass few days also sweat a lot by doing housework. Still need to pack and clean till ten plus.

Ha ha! Who ask me to cook myself!? Later I going to have maggi me, luncheons meat (less 40% sodium), baked beans and two eggs for dinner. Still unhealthy but all shops closed and still having packing to be done. Anyway, I reduced salt intake by having only a pack of msg for two packs of noodles. Pass few days also sweat a lot by doing housework. Still need to pack and clean till ten plus.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/singapore-has-2nd-highest-proportion-of-diabetics

SG is the 2nd highest diabetes in the world. USA is the highest in the world.

Be careful....... I kept saying about controlling sugar intake and more exercise.

Diabetes is not just not abt sugar intake, it also abt metabolism of people.

- We are not exercising enough.

- Outside food contains alot of sugar. The cruel truth is outside food vendors put sugar into the food cooked, from mix vege rice, soup, stew, curry, gravy, cakes, etc. (How do the food taste so good? Sugar is the answer)

- We eat too much of white rice in our daily diet

It's a formula for getting diabetes

SUGAR IS EVIL

http://m.todayonline.com/daily-focus/health/3-10-singaporeans-have-diabetes-turning-40

Last edited:
http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/singapore-has-2nd-highest-proportion-of-diabetics

SG is the 2nd highest diabetes in the world. USA is the highest in the world.

Be careful....... I kept saying about controlling sugar intake and more exercise.

Diabetes is not just not abt sugar intake, it also abt metabolism of people.

- We are not exercising enough.

- Outside food contains alot of sugar. The cruel truth is outside food vendors put sugar into the food cooked, from mix vege rice, soup, stew, curry, gravy, cakes, etc. (How do the food taste so good? Sugar is the answer)

- We eat too much of white rice in our daily diet

It's a formula for getting diabetes

SUGAR IS EVIL

http://m.todayonline.com/daily-focus/health/3-10-singaporeans-have-diabetes-turning-40

As someone with diabetes for more 15 years.. and keeping a close watch. I find it funny the report is misleading the figures.. We are ranked about 67th out of about 190+ countries in the world. With an estimated 500,000+ people who have diabetes. The leading one not surprising is CHINA (100,000,000+ of diabetic) with their consumption in the last decade of decadence wealthy spending and USA is second..And this from the same site she supposedly quote from.

Nevertheless, the problem is that workaholic mentality that employees put themselves thru for the job and employers love people who put work above everything else. Great for short term gains, but long term, you have more unhealthy people or dead people .

Irregular meal time, too much bad choices for meals, not enough exercise, rest, stress management, sitting at the desk at length, junk food and fast food junkie...etc.

I have seen a few times, children especially when given their meal, would pick out veggies to throw or not eat, they want fast food with usually processed meats (hot dogs, over fried or breaded food, too much carbohydrates intake ( rice, pasta, below ground root produce like potatoes among other food type, even too much fruit can be a bad thing, sodas...etc. When I talk about healthy food with folks, many to my surprise the so call "smartphone internet people" get so many things wrong or mislead. There are a lot of misinformation out there as some corporation is all about profit and steering you in direction to make money on the unsuspecting people.

Take the time to research while you look pathetic at a table on a romantic dinner and both you and your lover are staring into your smartphone. ;pDouble or triple check your information.

And please note, SUGAR is NOT the only EVIL items you should be watching. Eating too much starchy food is just as bad. Anything in excess is bad once you start to find out more information about what you put in your mouth. heh

Last edited:
As someone with diabetes for more 15 years.. and keeping a close watch. I find it funny the report is misleading the figures.. We are ranked about 67th out of about 190+ countries in the world. With an estimated 500,000+ people who have diabetes. The leading one not surprising is CHINA (100,000,000+ of diabetic) with their consumption in the last decade of decadence wealthy spending and USA is second..And this from the same site she supposedly quote from.

Nevertheless, the problem is that workaholic mentality that employees put themselves thru for the job and employers love people who put work above everything else. Great for short term gains, but long term, you have more unhealthy people or dead people .

Irregular meal time, too much bad choices for meals, not enough exercise, rest, stress management, sitting at the desk at length, junk food and fast food junkie...etc.

I have seen a few times, children especially when given their meal, would pick out veggies to throw or not eat, they want fast food with usually processed meats (hot dogs, over fried or breaded food, too much carbohydrates intake ( rice, pasta, below ground root produce like potatoes among other food type, even too much fruit can be a bad thing, sodas...etc. When I talk about healthy food with folks, many to my surprise the so call "smartphone internet people" get so many things wrong or mislead. There are a lot of misinformation out there as some corporation is all about profit and steering you in direction to make money on the unsuspecting people.

Take the time to research while you look pathetic at a table on a romantic dinner and both you and your lover are staring into your smartphone. ;pDouble or triple check your information.

And please note, SUGAR is NOT the only EVIL items you should be watching. Eating too much starchy food is just as bad. Anything in excess is bad once you start to find out more information about what you put in your mouth. heh

I took the info from a documentary health talk show last night at CNA channel.

I think they are looking at % of population, to rank the countries.

USA has 10.75% of population diabetic. SG is the next country with 10.5% of population diabetic.

All other countries have lesser %.

Yes, its true that other starchy food are bad, including potatoes

Take a look at a certain segment of the USA population with diabetes - the natives. Western diets have wreaked havoc on them. Sugar salt starch all of that is essential folks. The abundance is the kicker...not enough and you have malnutrition. I find it interesting when they can give rich electrolyte drinks and diminish the infant mortality rates in the underdeveloped world. If you are fat it is definitely a first world problem. You are lazy and or have an underlying genetic propensity to whatever. But i say it goes even deeper than that...

http://www.cdc.gov/media/matte/2011/11_diabetes_Native_American.pdf

Eat fish instead...lol

Last edited: