Humidity Level on Dry Cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine is the 60L analog version...it's usually at 40%...read somewhere that RH should not be lower than 40% to prevent lub from drying out...and 40-50% is the range for lens and cam...

yes.
it takes a few days to lower the humidity.
i set it at close to max when first bought it. it remains around 50% for the next few days before reaching 21% after a week. then i have to dial the nob all the way back to the 9~10 o'clock position.

remember not to put your stuff in it 1st, till the %RH stabalizes.

remember not to put your stuff in it 1st, till the %RH stabalizes.
Why not?

It is still better to put things inside the dry cab than put things outside the dry cab. Just keep watch the RH display.

Regards,
Arto.

Why not?

It is still better to put things inside the dry cab than put things outside the dry cab. Just keep watch the RH display.

Regards,
Arto.

To allow the dehumidifying unit to stabalise. Otherwise, with your gear (Which would contribute to the humidity) would interrfer with the accurate setpoint.
And besides, I do not want my gear to be subjected to a %RH that is too low.

Hi guys, newbie (to this forum) here, so kindly bear with me.

I'm about to get myself a dry cabinet from digi-cabi, so I went down to Carrefour to check out their display units and I noticed a few differences between a few of the models.

1) Sliding trays vs fixed trays.
2) Power cable is perm fixed vs those removable cables that's commonly used for computers
3) Colored RH knob & no lights vs non colored RH knob with 2 light indicators.

Can someone tell me which model is older. And if there's anything in particular to look out for when purchasing?

Thanks

Hi guys, newbie (to this forum) here, so kindly bear with me.

I'm about to get myself a dry cabinet from digi-cabi, so I went down to Carrefour to check out their display units and I noticed a few differences between a few of the models.

1) Sliding trays vs fixed trays.
2) Power cable is perm fixed vs those removable cables that's commonly used for computers
3) Colored RH knob & no lights vs non colored RH knob with 2 light indicators.

Can someone tell me which model is older. And if there's anything in particular to look out for when purchasing?

Thanks

Understanding that you are new, in the future, pls do not double post. ;)
Your questions have been replied here. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.