Hoya UV Filter for 5060

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahaha true :) Thanks for reply

kalf said:
Thanks Garwin and slacker. Other then to protect the len wat else does the filter do?
Filters are really good stuffs and a must-have. A Protective filter does nothing more than to protect your camera lens, a UV filter reduces the bluish rays when shooting under the sun, and a polarising filter enhances the depth of the images and reduces the annoying reflection from glass, water, and the likes. I reco at least the UV filter.

I just bought the HOYA UV Filter from John3:16 together with the cam today!
.. :D

Here's a pic:
hoyafilter.jpg

slacker said:
Welcome Pink! ;)
Slacker...looks like CS got quite a number of 5060ers. Good news!!!!!

To all CSers: Cheers and have fun snapping during the CNY!!!!

slacker said:
Welcome Pink! ;)

Thanks to you guys... who were great helps !!! :lovegrin: :lovegrin:

Still have got alot to learn.. i don't even know what the dials mean right now as i've got the CHINESE manual!!! :angry:

You know.. i had to lug the 11kg dry cabinet and tripod plus the whole thing home... no joke :sweat: :sweat: and it was raining.... :eek:

garvinchow said:
Slacker...looks like CS got quite a number of 5060ers. Good news!!!!!

To all CSers: Cheers and have fun snapping during the CNY!!!!

Garvin..

i can't quite figure out your avatar.. are you on a spring? :bsmilie:

Pinkishy said:
Garvin..

i can't quite figure out your avatar.. are you on a spring? :bsmilie:
I sticked my head through this experiment set-up in Science Centre...ha ha ha...tot it looks weird enuff to fit into my avatar

Pinkishy said:
Thanks to you guys... who were great helps !!! :lovegrin: :lovegrin:

Still have got alot to learn.. i don't even know what the dials mean right now as i've got the CHINESE manual!!! :angry:

You know.. i had to lug the 11kg dry cabinet and tripod plus the whole thing home... no joke :sweat: :sweat: and it was raining.... :eek:

You brought a dry cabinet that big?!?!? How much? Looking for a bigger dry cab than the one that is given free. 20L is alittle small i feel. Crampy inside. :(
Chinese manual?!?! Can pass you the english manual if you want. ANyway, you can access the "full version" manual on the CD to learn more about the camera. It contains more than the hardcopy.

slacker said:
You brought a dry cabinet that big?!?!? How much? Looking for a bigger dry cab than the one that is given free. 20L is alittle small i feel. Crampy inside. :(
Chinese manual?!?! Can pass you the english manual if you want. ANyway, you can access the "full version" manual on the CD to learn more about the camera. It contains more than the hardcopy.

I didn't buy!! It was free.. with tripod and bag.. and cf card.. i didn't know also! it was raining. .waited so long for cab.. lug the whole thing home.. lucky my friend helped and went home with me.. no joke man.. both of us aching when got home.. two girls carry 11 kg + tripod + heavy bags.. :bigeyes:

Mine is the 30L .. er.. so big.. . dunno what to put inside.. potato chips?

You have the english manual? I just got into a huge row with the customer service officer.. waiting for her to call me now.. so ridiculous.. i have to print by myself the whole thing!??!

Hey! U mean yr set came with the english manual? Not the basic one u know. .the in-depth one.. :what:

Pinkishy said:
I didn't buy!! It was free.. with tripod and bag.. and cf card.. i didn't know also! it was raining. .waited so long for cab.. lug the whole thing home.. lucky my friend helped and went home with me.. no joke man.. both of us aching when got home.. two girls carry 11 kg + tripod + heavy bags.. :bigeyes:

Mine is the 30L .. er.. so big.. . dunno what to put inside.. potato chips?

You have the english manual? I just got into a huge row with the customer service officer.. waiting for her to call me now.. so ridiculous.. i have to print by myself the whole thing!??!

Hey! U mean yr set came with the english manual? Not the basic one u know. .the in-depth one.. :what:

:( how come i only have the 20L small dry cab... :cry:
No tripod somemore, anyway looking at monopod instead for easy carrying.

My english manual is of basic one that is available in the box for all 5060. The "in-depth" manual is however on the CD. Thinking of printing it from my company instead. :think: lol. If you manage to get the in-depth manual from the service centre, maybe i might just try my luck too.
Anyway, most of the feature in the camera i figure it out along the way when i use it. Now looking for a cheap alternative to "waterproof" my camera as i might be taking shots of friends wake-boarding. The underwater casing is too much to pay for. :bheart:

slacker said:
:( how come i only have the 20L small dry cab... :cry:
No tripod somemore, anyway looking at monopod instead for easy carrying.

My english manual is of basic one that is available in the box for all 5060. The "in-depth" manual is however on the CD. Thinking of printing it from my company instead. :think: lol. If you manage to get the in-depth manual from the service centre, maybe i might just try my luck too.
Anyway, most of the feature in the camera i figure it out along the way when i use it. Now looking for a cheap alternative to "waterproof" my camera as i might be taking shots of friends wake-boarding. The underwater casing is too much to pay for. :bheart:

Oic..i made alot of noise... ;p Cause i think it's really ridiculous man.. go home.. open the box so dissapointing..all chinese... then if someone has no printer, or bringing the cam on trip how... then can't read chinese.. then the whole damn thing dunno how to use liao.. if have no access to com..

not that i'm demanding or what.. but at least tell people.. it was quite a rude shock.. :bigeyes:

I'll inform again. .she hasn't called me back yet. I think alot of people complain.. cause her reply so fast and automated.. :bsmilie: she said 300 pgs.... no joke leh.. print from printer... and i've got no printer installed .. then i wanna go out and take ... cannot cause no manual.. sianz... :eek:

Pinkishy said:
Oic..i made alot of noise... ;p Cause i think it's really ridiculous man.. go home.. open the box so dissapointing..all chinese... then if someone has no printer, or bringing the cam on trip how... then can't read chinese.. then the whole damn thing dunno how to use liao.. if have no access to com..

not that i'm demanding or what.. but at least tell people.. it was quite a rude shock.. :bigeyes:

I'll inform again. .she hasn't called me back yet. I think alot of people complain.. cause her reply so fast and automated.. :bsmilie: she said 300 pgs.... no joke leh.. print from printer... and i've got no printer installed .. then i wanna go out and take ... cannot cause no manual.. sianz... :eek:

Howcome urs come with chinese manual only? Is ur cam made in Japan?

Maybe the shop did a parallel import from China as all Olympus come with international warranty. Hope I am wrong.

Maybe we can organise a purely Olympus Users photo gathering............ :think: :D

lovely idea! :think: though i still yet to figure how 2 use my camera..... :dunno: :D

Hello!

Girl called me liao..

Cam is made in Japan...

U mean yr manual is in english? Not the basic manual u know..the detailed manual which is in the cd-rom..

I made quite a ruckus cos i don't have a printer installed yet, and i will not be home ..can't be reading off the screen ...nor print 300 freakin' pages of the manual... (very ridiculous :nono: )

I don't know how to use the cam either.. too many buttons .. so for now i'm just gonna use the "P" mode.. just press one button - the shutter and be done :bigeyes: wanna throw out the window liao :bsmilie: frustrated ;p

slacker said:
lovely idea! :think: though i still yet to figure how 2 use my camera..... :dunno: :D

Me too still learning my cam. :D

Pinkishy said:
Hello!

Girl called me liao..

Cam is made in Japan...

U mean yr manual is in english? Not the basic manual u know..the detailed manual which is in the cd-rom..

I made quite a ruckus cos i don't have a printer installed yet, and i will not be home ..can't be reading off the screen ...nor print 300 freakin' pages of the manual... (very ridiculous :nono: )

I don't know how to use the cam either.. too many buttons .. so for now i'm just gonna use the "P" mode.. just press one button - the shutter and be done :bigeyes: wanna throw out the window liao :bsmilie: frustrated ;p

oh....i C. Heng it is made in japan. :sweat:

I will check mine after i get my CD rom drive back from my friend. Btw, I got FL50 for you all to try if you want. ;)

Working tomorrow 7am, so need to sleep liao bye............oly pal.

Matrix said:
Me too still learning my cam. :D

oh....i C. Heng it is made in japan. :sweat:

I will check mine after i get my CD rom drive back from my friend. Btw, I got FL50 for you all to try if you want. ;)

Working tomorrow 7am, so need to sleep liao bye............oly pal.

FL50!?!? that "monster" flash!?!? :bsmilie: kekeke.... anyway, other than matrix's FL50, have Metz32 to try oso.... anyone interested in getting the wide conversion can oso try mine... ;)

slacker said:
FL50!?!? that "monster" flash!?!? :bsmilie: kekeke.... anyway, other than matrix's FL50, have Metz32 to try oso.... anyone interested in getting the wide conversion can oso try mine... ;)

Looks like between the few of us we have practically got all the accessories available in SIN. I've got the FL-50, TCON-17c and HOYA UV and Circular Polariser filters.

The FL-50 is a monster Slacker. Sometimes it gives brilliantly perfect shots and other times I get lousy tones.. it is driving me up the wall. It feels as if I need a PhD in flash usage .. mutter...mutter

jasmine said:
Hi!

Managed to get the Vitacon filter to protect my lens first. Bought it from AP at $10.
Hi, I got the same filter today. But I just cannot attach it onto the lens. Did I mss out something? :think:

Osprey said:
Hi, I got the same filter today. But I just cannot attach it onto the lens. Did I mss out something? :think:

Very strange. Did u got the right size - 40.5? I got my Hoya UV filter and it fit perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.