Hoya 58mm Cir-Polarizing

Status
Not open for further replies.

YqArts

Oct 20, 2008
Hougang
www.flickr.com
Has :thumbsd:anyone bought this before? Or anyone knows the price for this?
Thinking that i have been scamed to bought at a higher price =:)thumbsd:

there is a price list somewhere in the others section

caveat emptor..

is the CPL filter stands for the same? Should i let know the shop name so it can heed as a warning to all?

Feeling quite pissed

i think most people here are more than aware that you are highly likely to get ripped off if you went in to get chopped - some shops/areas are not meant to be touched, but if you feel like it, you can always share your experience to serve as a warning.

we've had a lot of stories like these before though. the advice is , take it as a lesson well -learnt, and do research BEFORE buying. the camera market in singapore is very different from ntuc fairprice and cold storage. know it, and know it well.

yes, but the price list has not been updated for a while, so give or take about $3 to $5 extra, i estimate roughly.

:thumbsd:
i think most people here are more than aware that you are highly likely to get ripped off if you went in to get chopped - some shops/areas are not meant to be touched, but if you feel like it, you can always share your experience to serve as a warning.

we've had a lot of stories like these before though. the advice is , take it as a lesson well -learnt, and do research BEFORE buying. the camera market in singapore is very different from ntuc fairprice and cold storage. know it, and know it well.

yes, but the price list has not been updated for a while, so give or take about $3 to $5 extra, i estimate roughly.

Yea i know of such shop, but i was caught in a dilema, i bought a display calibrator out of impulse thinking that it might work "GretaMacbeth Display Calibrator". I bought from that shop. But after trying multi copies, the colour rendering are way off! The first copy gives me a super reddish hue, the second one gives a greenish hue! Gosh. Super pissed. Btw, the price of that is $49, not anyway near the region of the authentic calibrators in the market, but i never thought the off calibration could be so crazy. So YesTerday i went down AGAIN to change. I requested to change something of thr same value, or something that i can top up on top of the 49. Then when i requested for HOYA CIR-POLARIZER 58MM He said i need to top up 30 -.- I thought that its like super high as it adds up to 79. But after hesitating i agreed, I fear that that will play punk and dont let me even change, that i would have a crap with me instead. Ya, I think 79 is a way conned price!

Things to learn from my experience.
Never Buy a Unauthentice colour calibrator no matter how attractive is the price
EG GRetamacbeth DISPLAY COLOUR CALIBRATOR
Never buy from ulu shops without any research
Now as for the shop name and address: BALLY PHOTO ELECTRONICS PTE LTD109 NorthBridge Road #02-03B Funan The IT Mall Singapore 179097 Tel (65) 6338 6965- Fax : (65) 6338 5695

Watch out for this shop. Seriously.
And its really shocking they dont even know about their products!! OMG
:thumbsd:
They didnt know how to plug or install the calibrator with the installation cd and didnt know how to Alt-Minimise their CCTV program! I HAD to help them and show them whats wrong. GOSH.

BEware of that shop.

i don't have positive experiences with bally too.

oh, the rudimentary calibrator from that company has many negative reviews, if i recall correctly. so that's not their fault.

but they are way overcharging for a 58mm cpl filter, unless they sold you a b+w one. well.. buyers beware.

but i suspect we will get more complaints in future when people go without doing their homework.. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.