How you cure your BB Virus ?

:( my mind keep telling me to get a
70-200mm f4 is .

I think i tio BBBBBBB Virus. I cant sleep at night i hearing sound
saying Buy BUy Buy buy Buy and Dun Buy, Dun Buy, Dun Buy. :confused:

Sometime the buy buy urge very strong and i took my wallet about to go get it , but managed to pull myself back. I know after i buy le this , the BB Virus will ask me to buy other things.

I know in my heart, it's a "Want" not a "Need".

Anyone got similar sickness as me ?

the best antidote is to keep buying until you are penniless, then you be hit very hard by the virus and you will wake yourself up and realised you havent take a single decent photo with all your expensive gear and start to downsize and make a big loss for a short period of owning them and those who bought from you will be laughing deep in their hearts how big a loser you are.

Then virus comes again and cycle repeats itself until you eventually lose interest in this hobby and take up another and another new cycle starts once more time.

Isn't this life?

i guess it's a blessing in disguise for me

being unable to afford expensive gear forces me to focus on what i already have

though i'd whine once in awhile

We Canonist from Europe call it LBA (Lens Buying Addiction).

70-200mm f4 is .

Sometime the buy buy urge very strong and i took my wallet about to go get it , but managed to pull myself back. I know after i buy le this , the BB Virus will ask me to buy other things.

Dun worry, can always sell away the lens. Just treat it like rental cost.:sweatsm:

actually, the BBB thing will only hit you if theres an item that you can afford or with in your reach, for your case +/- the price of 70-200 f4 is... BBB will only stop if you bought it! :sweat:

for my case, i got 24-70, 70-200 2.8 is, & few cheaper lenses then these two. i still want 85L, 200 2.8L is, 14L (all S$3k++ lenses), but i know i cant afford them, so no more BBB virus for me... ;)

Of course after you seen the light, u will realise the enjoyment is in producing the picture. I have not gotten that level of nirvana. i still lapse into little episodes of darkness.. although abit less frequent nowadays.

ryan

It helps if you know what lenses you want and what kind of setup u r after. Once you do that hopefully BBB won't be so active... ;)

You can keep on buying but do you have time to really use it so that it's worth the money? Use it means shooting through it, not bringing it out but stuck in your bag.

So you can tell yourself if you keep on adding new gear before you have fully utilise the old gear, by the time you start to use the new one, the next generation (Mk II, Mk III, etc) might be manufactured and you will feel 'pek chek'.

It's just like I have this urge to buy a full frame body (5DII) but most of the time my humble 500D does the job well, so I just tell myself why not wait spend the money for 5DII on 5DIII (if it will appear) even if I have to wait 1 or 2 years..by then I would have put my 500D more 'worth it' by using it even more and hopefully I can spend the money on a better model.

Dream lens: Sigma 300-800 f5.6, I can afford it if I want but I just tell myself: "Nah, I prefer to save money for marriage and flat." This is a good reason that has stopped me from thinking of owning a car and take bus. So if you are going to get married soon this might be a good reason.

70-200mm f4 is .

I think there is a medication specifically for this type of problem. Its a 5 days course. But it will cost you alot of money to buy it. More than the lens. So better get the lens. Its cheaper.

Give yourself a date, say 3 months, to buy the lens. when the date comes, open your wallet and convince yourself that you dont have enough $$, than extend the deadline.

Give yourself a date, say 3 months, to buy the lens. when the date comes, open your wallet and convince yourself that you dont have enough $$, than extend the deadline.

Ya that what i think i'm doing now, i find i spend alot of money which mostly is on impluse.

June09 - Panasonic TZ7
Nov 09 - 1.2k Mountain Bike -
Dec 09 - Spend 2K on a New Desktop i7
Jan 10 - Holiday 1.6K
Feb 10 - Canon 7D Kit i
Mar 10 - Canon 17-55

Jul 10 - Holiday 1.8k

Nov 10 - Camera bag X 02
Nov 10 - SSD drive and Fanless PSU for my com
Nov 10 - Ipad 32gb 3g + lots of accessories
Dec 10 - Panasonic TZ10
Dec 10 - Holiday 2k
Dec 10 - :eek: urge to get a 70-200

BBB Virus tends to always happen to my during from the Nov - Mar....
Once the spending spree start, it will go last all the way til March :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Last edited:
... and I thought that I was the only one!

Best way to cure is to give up the hobby entirely!

BB Virus is part of the hobby.

Don't visit forums that discuss about photography hardware. Go out and shoot instead. It works for me.

Don't visit forums that discuss about photography hardware. Go out and shoot instead. It works for me.

I think this doesnt not help so much.. may be reflective effect...

Scenario 1,

Wanna go out shoot, find that lens not up to performance or need extra reach or wider,

go back to forum and look for good deal... <---- BBB Virus again.

scenario 2,

go forum look for outing to join, join already, everyone talking about gear (which is very common) then BBB Virus infection got deeper.

Scenario 3,

Singapore too small, common place is City hall area (where I see lot of ppl like to shoot here) then always stop by camera store look at window display then wanna buy again.

I think this doesnt not help so much.. may be reflective effect...

Scenario 1,

Wanna go out shoot, find that lens not up to performance or need extra reach or wider,

go back to forum and look for good deal... <---- BBB Virus again.

scenario 2,

go forum look for outing to join, join already, everyone talking about gear (which is very common) then BBB Virus infection got deeper.

Scenario 3,

Singapore too small, common place is City hall area (where I see lot of ppl like to shoot here) then always stop by camera store look at window display then wanna buy again.

I guess the next phase of your virus is start seeing lenses and cameras out of everything? :bsmilie:

I guess the next phase of your virus is start seeing lenses and cameras out of everything? :bsmilie:

I think there is a good way of curing the problem... resign from current work and apply for a sales position in a camera store, I believe this shd help to solve BBB Virus.

I think there is a good way of curing the problem... resign from current work and apply for a sales position in a camera store, I believe this shd help to solve BBB Virus.

Better yet... join one of the camera manufacturers! :) (then you also get the inside scoop)

Hi Bros, Exercising to improve health conditions - play badminton, etc to occupy time is another way to avoid BBB virus. This way, you can save medical fee, etc...