How to take street candids.

To make things simple... The setup that I use,

1) Camera (any type, even my mobile phone camera came to good use).
2) Umbrella
3) Water bottle with water
4) Money for more water and sometime food

I walk on the street with camera in hand, see something interesting, take a shot. And thats it. As to how to compose? It came with experience, shoot more, put in your computer, see which composition work for you and learn from there.

As to what is the exposure value, aperture value, etc etc... no one can tell you, because different situation calls for different setting... and when all else failed, use 'Auto' mode.

Are you shooting with an umbrella to protect the sensor from the UV radiation? Money is actually a good idea to pay people to take a shot.

Last edited:
Are you shooting with an umbrella to protect the sensor from the UV radiation? Money is actually a good idea to pay people to take a shot.

Hahahaha... umbrella is for me just in case it rain, not my camera (which incidently is more durable to the weather than myself). Money is for food and water, normally I go and shoot the whole day, and I cannot carry that much water to last the whole day... plus I need food too... and I don't carry enough to pay people to shoot (I am a cheapskate).

Hahahahaha.