How to enjoy photography when you have no time/money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i serving the nation too. now onli 4mth passed still got 1year plus over. i bnought a 300d and now shooting on sat or if not shooting when i come back. i would shoot like half a day then spend the half a day with frenz.

Hmm, you guys got me horny all over again! :sticktong

Any suggestion as a stop gap measure during the next 1yr or so?
Digital wise: PnS?
Film: MF?

Pls do suggest me some kits! :) Searched the forum for a while, got my ass a lil' itchy on the Nikon FM series. But whatever it is, hope u guys can give me some suggestion as i have quite lost touch with the equipment side. (Man! D30 is now $600?! It was $1.3k+ when i was lusting for it just 2 yrs ago!)

Thx guys.. u made me light up with photography flash. :cool:

Wryer said:
Hmm, you guys got me horny all over again! :sticktong

Any suggestion as a stop gap measure during the next 1yr or so?
Digital wise: PnS?
Film: MF?

Pls do suggest me some kits! :) Searched the forum for a while, got my ass a lil' itchy on the Nikon FM series. But whatever it is, hope u guys can give me some suggestion as i have quite lost touch with the equipment side. (Man! D30 is now $600?! It was $1.3k+ when i was lusting for it just 2 yrs ago!)

Thx guys.. u made me light up with photography flash. :cool:

The sexy D30 will be the right gal for you! On top of that you can also get a manual FM to play play on the side like many here with a digital wife and a film mistress. :sweatsm:

Sion said:
The sexy D30 will be the right gal for you! On top of that you can also get a manual FM to play play on the side like many here with a digital wife and a film mistress. :sweatsm:

:kiss:

Haha.. although she is a real beauty and her price tag plummeting, i worry abt her age and she may not be fertile anymore... :cry: She may have allowed many men to press her shutter already.

Furthermore, my budget is only around $300.. :p :embrass:

Olympus mjuII costs around $150 new or $100 second hand. Yashica GSN rangefinder costs less than $150 for a mint condition set. Canon A40 costs less than $200 - top it up to $300 to get memory card, batteries, filters etc.(The same goes to other brands' 2-3MP compact digicam. Nikon F65+consumer lens cost less than $300. I'm not too sure about the prices of Nikon MF series though.

quite interested in nikon fm series! :sweat:
anymore inputs pls! Thanx everyone so far!

Hmmm.. :sweat: nope. The cheapest nikon manual i see going is FE10 if im wrong, do correct if im wrong. I still quite confuse if i should get a film or digital for this stop-gap. Used to use film/slides, but i find the cost a little high.

I shall think abt it during the weekend.. :devil:

A old slr with standard len can be as cheap as below $100.
Film per roll can be as low as $2.50 for 36x of pleasure.
Film processing and have them scan to cdr is $6.

Anyway, 80% of award winning photographs are taken with the standard 50mm len according to photography magazine survey.

If your NS pay is $500, $8.5 is about 1.7% of your photography expenses. Multiply buy 3 is only about 5% of your pay per month. That is about 108x of pleasure. I think transport, music CD or even 4D/ToTo if you buy will easily cost more then that. Don't take your hobby as running cost unless you are using it for business, think of it as expenses to fun your pleasure haha.

:angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.