How to capture the object nicely in front of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fcpga

P2230128%20resized.jpg

P2230117%20resized.jpg

Took these shots, managed to capture the lightings, but

When I have a person standing in front, the person will turn out blur and not foucs, what could be wrong, do I need to turn on spot-metering? Or was it caused by the slow shutter speed?

Hi fcpga,

I guess its probably because you are using long exposure to take these shots, and the person moved (even a little) so he/she will turn out blur. Try using slow sync flash. Basically what it does is, to capture the background using long exposure while illuminating the person with the flash. With slow sync flash, the shutter will still stay open after the flash is fired until the set shutter speed is up. The person will still need to stay as still as possible during that time.

Originally posted by fcpga
Took these shots, managed to capture the lightings, but

When I have a person standing in front, the person will turn out blur and not foucs, what could be wrong, do I need to turn on spot-metering? Or was it caused by the slow shutter speed?

Right. It is primarily caused by slow shutter speed. Flash _might_ help.

As for focussing problems, most consumer digital cameras focus by means of contrast detection, which means it will focus on anything which has more contrast - in this case, the background. You can try to alleviate the problem either by lighting up the subject (using torch or AF-assist of your camera/flash if it has one) or by a combination of manual focus and distance gauging.

Regards
CK

thanks, so manual focusing and spot metering might help to solve the problem.

I notice my object does appear blur even when using sync flash. how to totally prevent this problem?

Your 2nd shot interesting leh...like kena "death ray"..hehe

As for person bluring...ask him/her dun move!
:D

if you are relying purely on the ambient lighting to capture the person, it's likely that he/she will be blurred. It's easier to use the flash to freeze the person and a wider depth of view (small aperture) to ensure that everything is in focus. Tat's just my view...

Originally posted by mpenza
It's easier to use the flash to freeze the person and a wider depth of view (small shutter) to ensure that everything is in focus. Tat's just my view...

do you mean a small aperture?

C2040 users, can I use spot metering to focus?

and in 2040, I can't seems to find slow sync, there is fill-in, red-eye, no-flash, and slow1 slow2 which has different effects.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.