How secure is your job?

SkyStrike said:
Now I know why hiring new staffs cost more than retaining one....cos need to buy new furniture :bsmilie:

Hey, I work so hard I never leave the office! :bsmilie:

Manufacturing side is hit pretty bad...

Manufacturing side is hit pretty bad...

It's going to be hard to compete with manufacturing countries such as China, Vietnam etc. with their lower costs.

It may be a good idea to reposition ourselves in jobs that have a future even at an short-term reduction of earnings.

in the current climate...secure jobs usually refer those who are underpaid
in that sense, mine's very secure
:bsmilie:

Hey, I work so hard I never leave the office! :bsmilie:

u never leave office, but office has to stay with u all day... office also want day off one u know...

I secure my job by ensuring that there is something that is needed by the company that only I know of. muahahahaha...

But seriously... no matter how secure we are to the job... that is as long as the company survive this uncertain time :(

Hired
Tired
Fired

allenleonhart said:
u never leave office, but office has to stay with u all day... office also want day off one u know...

Why? After all I've done?? There's someone else isn't there?? :cry::cry: I knew it!!

I work as a student. Start work at 7.20 everyday and end at 3pm. Salary comes in the form entertainment. Everyday teacher sing opera for us. 10 year contract. Cool uh ;)

Don't be too complacent, nowadays got foreign students a lot will take over your job too.

It's going to be hard to compete with manufacturing countries such as China, Vietnam etc. with their lower costs.

It may be a good idea to reposition ourselves in jobs that have a future even at an short-term reduction of earnings.
Yeah, can't deny that. Have to update resume n probably ask for lower pay to get a job. My plans for further studies have to be pushed further... crap! :(

We work like machines but get substituted by machines which imitate our behaviour and provide good and cheap services
in most sectors, irrespective of gender. We are being replaced by machines in most jobs. So, how to secure my job.

Even president only 5 yrs contract job. Not that secure also.

We work like machines but get substituted by machines which imitate our behaviour and provide good and cheap services
in most sectors, irrespective of gender. We are being replaced by machines in most jobs. So, how to secure my job.

in a forever profit orieted co. the worker has to come with cheaper, smarter and faster. there is a professional word for this, "efficient"
like car, u are asked to go longer distance but consume less. if you could not help tp achieve this, you are replaced by some one who meet the requirement.

to give the employer more flexibility to change the pool of worker supply, i foresee in next 10 to 15 years, there are at least 30% job would go to contract basis rather than permanent full time employee.