How much you spend on photography each month?

how much you spend on photography each month ?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i believe those that spend more than 2k per mth must be real good photographers....
maybe not ... maybe they are lens or cameras collectors, or traders ... ;p

well if they earn 30k a month, spending 2k a month is peanuts.

i guess a good photographer is one that will make money from what he shoots... otherwise it is just a pure toy play.

i had a fren who had a D200 and simple lenses, making an average 4k a month from photoshoots... drawback is no cpf , no medical benefits and frequent overseas travelling. :thumbsup: however his family often miss him alot.
You win some, you lose some.. That's why I'm still an engineer.. :( At least I don't have a reason to upgrade my equipment now... If I become a photographer, I don't think I'll ever earn enough to satisfy my photographic needs... I'll be able to think of a new piece of equipment for every other assignment.. ;p PC-Micro 85/2.8, PC28/3.5, Bowen lights, 70-200/2.8, 17-35/2.8, 28-70/2.8, Hasselblad H3D, digital enlarger.............. $$$$$ :(

You win some, you lose some.. That's why I'm still an engineer.. :( At least I don't have a reason to upgrade my equipment now... If I become a photographer, I don't think I'll ever earn enough to satisfy my photographic needs... I'll be able to think of a new piece of equipment for every other assignment.. ;p PC-Micro 85/2.8, PC28/3.5, Bowen lights, 70-200/2.8, 17-35/2.8, 28-70/2.8, Hasselblad H3D, digital enlarger.............. $$$$$ :(

why feel sad being an engineer ? be happy and count lucky becos u are employed. In countries like USA and Japan... having a job is like having gold in their hands.

why feel sad being an engineer ? be happy and count lucky becos u are employed. In countries like USA and Japan... having a job is like having gold in their hands.
Have you been an engineer before? ;p No, I'm not sad being an engineer.. just that I don't have much time to shoot.

Starting 2007, I spent almost $0 in photography :thumbsup:

But still manage to take pix and enjoy.

of course got indirect costs like power to charge batteries, burn CDROM, transportation to shooting sites, computer/cam depreciation and man effort in photo editing.

Starting 2007, I spent almost $0 in photography :thumbsup:

But still manage to take pix and enjoy.

of course got indirect costs like power to charge batteries, burn CDROM, transportation to shooting sites, computer/cam depreciation and man effort in photo editing.

wow... u survive thru the IT show ! come June will be PC show... :sweat:

We have a term for people who think they NEED the latest and greatest:

Measurabators.

Other than DVDs and petrol/parkings, is $0. I dont buy lenses.The 2 kit lenses are enough for me. That's why I chose the E500. It comes complete to all my needs. I dont need external flash too. Flash photography is not something I keen on. ;)

I would need more memory cards though should I go for an oversea (Msia not counted) holiday, end of this year.

Nowadays I spend more on coffee than photography.

I spend more on bus/MRT fares to travel to my location to shoot more than the price I paid for my gear. SBS/SMRT ARE YOU LISTENING!

I spend more on bus/MRT fares to travel to my location to shoot more than the price I paid for my gear. SBS/SMRT ARE YOU LISTENING!

get a bicycle... my colleagues from China cycle to and from work... i wonder how they did it ! i think they must be very fit ! IPPT gold award potential ! ;)

That's why I refuse to shoot anything outside my house lah. Save transport, food, drink, model (you can be your own model) etc. :bsmilie:

get a bicycle... my colleagues from China cycle to and from work... i wonder how they did it ! i think they must be very fit ! IPPT gold award potential ! ;)

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: buns of steel :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

That's why I refuse to shoot anything outside my house lah. Save transport, food, drink, model (you can be your own model) etc. :bsmilie:

your camera very poor thing :( always trapped in the house. never go out gai gai. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

i think your house must be a bunglow or a mansion... got a huge garden !

Status
Not open for further replies.