How much is 8R?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuji Paper, do u think its too ex.
1st time developing with this shop.

I wouldn't know cos I don't do much enlargements also. Anybody else got an opinion to offer?? Mine was Konica and I think it was quite ok.

silverelf, where did u do urs on konica for 8R ?
I think outside price normal is about $8 +/-, i did it on Kodak Royal Paper.

I do my film-to-prints at Stanley Lim Colour Centre. Stanley is a professional photographer himself and he colour-corrects all the images (and not leave the machine on auto-mood).

I was charged much less than $8 for a S8R prints at Stanley (not using Konica paper). Hee.

For thoses who are interested, he is located at 2nd floor of Mid-Link Plaza (where Stansfield is) near Bugis.

BTW, I do not work for them...

Originally posted by Bean
I do my film-to-prints at Stanley Lim Colour Centre. Stanley is a professional photographer himself and he colour-corrects all the images (and not leave the machine on auto-mood).

I was charged much less than $8 for a S8R prints at Stanley (not using Konica paper). Hee.

For thoses who are interested, he is located at 2nd floor of Mid-Link Plaza (where Stansfield is) near Bugis.

BTW, I do not work for them...

hehe I lazy to call them mah...

I've done some Fuji Crystal Archive 8R before and those cost me $8/pc. Getting $3/pc on Konica Golden Dragon. Not too bad. No doubt i prefer the Fuji prints but the price difference just doesnt justify IMHO. :)

Originally posted by hazardman
silverelf, where did u do urs on konica for 8R ?
I think outside price normal is about $8 +/-, i did it on Kodak Royal Paper.

Did it near my house leh... in Ang Mo Kio Central. Think it is called Meilim?? Yeah, on Konica Golden Dragon paper... :) In my opinion quite cheap after I see all the comments of $8/pc..... I should think I paid $3.5 for 8Rs??? Can't quite remeber but definitely not $8

Originally posted by ninelives
wat is , where is Konica Golden Dragon ???

Thanks.

Hehe thats the name of the paper. I do my prints at Pro-M Photo at PP 2nd level. :)

i have done my 8R with the lab at pp 2nd flr result is good.

Originally posted by excentrique
I did my super 8R kodak at $1.50 each. @ a friend's lab

Wow, lucky you... I think S8R at $1.50 just nice to cover only his paper & ink cost.
Hope your friend wouldn't 'hammer' you if he see U post this on the forum ;)

For bulk reprints of S8R on Kodak Royal Paper from negatives, my neighbourhood lab in AMK charges me about $2 each.

N.B.
If from digital files instead of negatives, it'll be more expensive.

Originally posted by Klipsch

Hehe thats the name of the paper. I do my prints at Pro-M Photo at PP 2nd level. :)
can you pls tell me how the quality

Originally posted by Tony K

Wow, lucky you... I think S8R at $1.50 just nice to cover only his paper & ink cost.
Hope your friend wouldn't 'hammer' you if he see U post this on the forum ;)

haha.. luckily she won't be able to find out. Well, I used to do my own colour print in a darkroom. Cost price of 8 x10 paper is about 80 cents each. Of course after all the test strips, you probably take about 3 papers to get a good print. So better to do in the the shop for me. But is still cheaper in comparison with printing from lab.

Originally posted by Klipsch
I've done some Fuji Crystal Archive 8R before and those cost me $8/pc. Getting $3/pc on Konica Golden Dragon. Not too bad. No doubt i prefer the Fuji prints but the price difference just doesnt justify IMHO. :)

just got back some S8R prints on Konica Golden paper. some of them turn out okie. but some a tad too dark or have a certain GREENISH CAST on them. S$1 a piece only !!!

i think i'm sticking to kodak royal or pro paper for my S8Rs from now on. S$5 per piece.

Cheers !!! ;)

Originally posted by mervin420

just got back some S8R prints on Konica Golden paper. some of them turn out okie. but some a tad too dark or have a certain GREENISH CAST on them. S$1 a piece only !!!

i think i'm sticking to kodak royal or pro paper for my S8Rs from now on. S$5 per piece.

Cheers !!! ;)

whick lab have you done your 8rs print at?

Originally posted by Horus
arr? does it mean we need to do major resizing? since camera is 4:3 and print is 3:2....need to resize huh? i did send my pics to the lab...they came out wiff sides unprinted...MUST be due to the sizing huh :confused: anyways...has anyone tried Fuji Labs b4? intending to try the one at City Plaza. Tried RGB twice at Winsland Hse...colors turn out disappointing leh....lab techinician din do auto adjustments... :( spoke to him and it seems he deems it coy policy NOT to touch up. but the print was too damn blueish leh....!? even amateur could tell it makes common sense to tweak rite? some more i printed 2 10R leh! super X arr ;p

Usually, labs will NOT do correction for digital prints. That's because it's assumed that people will do their touchup, colour adjustments etc before they send it in, and any such adjustments will negate their efforts. Unless you request, of coz. But I am not sure if there will be additional charges.

If your monitor is well calibrated and your camera has accurate enough colours (to your liking), then there usually will not be any problems.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by bulltail

whick lab have you done your 8rs print at?

i like digital like prints ... Foto Station at marine parade . near my place. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.