Status
Not open for further replies.

solomon76

Aug 28, 2003
WOndering how many users are there :)

1. solomon76
2. Acidbyte
3. Botakhead

Me too. And I believe Sulhan is a A1 user too?

Mabe sulhan can start a thread and make it sticky :)

Hiee...

Well...i'm not that into listing who use what ...kinda list....actually.....
How about taliking about tips and tricks using the camera.....instead....

Like comparison of color/filter settings, with pictures to compare and describe your choices...etc....

Else we would be just going to list and list equipment and no end.....

rgds,
sulhan

Hi all, think there is an update of firmware at minolta website for the a1 :)

solomon76 said:
Hi all, think there is an update of firmware at minolta website for the a1 :)

anyone updated with the new firmware? what's your feedback?

I am actually going crazy with the complexities of A1 options as I can now compare with the much simpler 300d, which I have been playing with for the last month.

First impression with A1 is to switch everything to basic (saturations, filters, contrast etc., use Adobe RGB or sRGB) and enjoy lowest noise (this is where I finally feel the advantages of RAW!!) and perfect ergonomic and versatile performance of the camera.

Therefore I am even more scared to update the firmware - maybe they will add functions, then even more impossible to understand it all :confused: . And still - anyone updated? Any differences observed/felt/experienced?

all - do enjoy this great performer! - great... in the right hands:D

cheers

tbteng said:
New A1 user reporting for duty ! ha ha just picked up my A1 from MS Color. :D

hey welcome 2 da club :D oops i forgot to report 4 duty ah! :D anyway, how much did you pay for it? any special price now that the sitex is over?

No special @ Sitex stay for only 1/2 hr. Just too crowded to get anything done. Flew down to MS color and bought at 1554 w/GST. Also bought Hoya 49mm UV filter @ 12 bucks. I tried to negotiate for trade up to a SLik tripod but apperently was not able to do so as those folks say they are controlled by Minolta. Will be looking out for a Slik tripod to see how. They also quoted me a "harigawa" (Wrong spelling) 512 CF @ $220. Thought that was EX. They quoted the additional battery at $120 <- Damn Ex. Did not buy these 2 items though.

Got the standard package from them. Was reading the manual yesterday night. Wow features galore ! :bigeyes:

tbteng said:
No special @ Sitex stay for only 1/2 hr. Just too crowded to get anything done. Flew down to MS color and bought at 1554 w/GST. Also bought Hoya 49mm UV filter @ 12 bucks. I tried to negotiate for trade up to a SLik tripod but apperently was not able to do so as those folks say they are controlled by Minolta. Will be looking out for a Slik tripod to see how. They also quoted me a "harigawa" (Wrong spelling) 512 CF @ $220. Thought that was EX. They quoted the additional battery at $120 <- Damn Ex. Did not buy these 2 items though.

Got the standard package from them. Was reading the manual yesterday night. Wow features galore ! :bigeyes:

yeah the same. :) i have not buy additional batt. but stange that the equote states the batt is $110. didn't u get a equote? hmm. the CF card also ex huh. well i guess the 'basic' toy itself enuf to keep us busy for a while. ;) ;) have fun

ndroo said:
yeah the same. :) i have not buy additional batt. but stange that the equote states the batt is $110. didn't u get a equote? hmm. the CF card also ex huh. well i guess the 'basic' toy itself enuf to keep us busy for a while. ;) ;) have fun

The batt should be 110. I got one coz I needed it for a trip.
As for the UV filters, you should get the HMC ( multicoated ones ). They cost more, but you are putting it on a $1600 camera.

tbteng said:
What's the difference between the multi-coated and non multicoated ones ? :what:

The multicoated one pass through more light, and more expensive. :)
Let me know if your hoya UV give you vignetting at 28mm f/2.8.
(visible only on pc monitor full screen, not on camera LCD)

Status
Not open for further replies.