How likely will Zeiss release zoom lenses for other mounts?

Forgotten about this post.

If they make the 24-70 in EF mount, then I will sell my ZE 35f2, 50F1.4 and CY 85 f1.4 and also do not need to wait for the ZE 25f2.8. Infact, if they can just remake the 35-70f3.4 as a ZE MF zoom, 2 touch, I will be more than happy.

Yes, I am looking for the 35-70f3.4. I am beginining to get tired of changing lens. If they do make an EF version would be better so I can don't do stop down metering.

Very unlikely as i've attended the zeiss launch organised by shirro in the early march.
The engineer from germany said, no macro motor is able to drive zeiss manual focus precision as there will be some "play" on the lens.

Why can't the micro-motor drive the zoom lens? They did it for Contax N and Sony lenses.

Is it really true that Zeiss is not allowed to manufacture AF zoom/prime lenses as they are contratually binded by Sony. Does it covers MF zoom lenses?

maybe we should do a blind test.

Just go over to FM and take a peek at the Zeiss images. There really isn't a need for tests.

Zeiss ZE images
CY 35-70 f3.4
Zeiss 85/1.4
Zeiss look
Contax N

Of all the 24-70 lenses, the Canon is actually surprisingly bad (based on reviews).

So true yet so ignored... from the copies i've tried, it barely makes the mark on a FF and resolution just falls apart on a crop factor body. :sweat:

So true yet so ignored... from the copies i've tried, it barely makes the mark on a FF and resolution just falls apart on a crop factor body. :sweat:

I sold my 24-70. There really isn't much to talk about it anymore :)

Very interesting discussion there.

Well, we have:
Cat A: Leica and CZ
Cat B: N-F, C-EF, S-CZ
Cat C: Sg, Tk, Tm

Well, apart from Optical quality, there are many other attributes of a lens that I would look for. And if the diff between Cat A and Cat B is akin to splitting hair, then, what about the diff between Cat B and Cat C?

Well, most of my lenses are in Cat C. Except for the Nk 50mmF1.8, which is the cheapest prime lens around.:bsmilie:

unless the optical quality from your lens has caused the quality of your photo to diminish, i think what cat it is in doesn't matter at all.

since 24-70s is in the question now, the canon one really falls apart.

and it fell apart to the extent it actually hampers your ability to take good photos (like what flipfreak mentioned).

it is a sharp lens if you got it focused. the AF on this lens is so bad that you could potentially misfocus even with the beep! and the possibilies of getting a misfocus is so high that this lens has been rendered as one of the worst 24-70s in the pack.

ok...without drifting to condemn the EF24-70, let's focus on the possibility of having a Zeiss zoom. Are there been any rumour/speculation caught on any forum?

ok...without drifting to condemn the EF24-70, let's focus on the possibility of having a Zeiss zoom. Are there been any rumour/speculation caught on any forum?

I am for Zeiss to repackage their 35-70 or 24-85 and change them to 2 touch manual zoom with EF mount and auto aperture. The problem with making them AF increases complexity and thus adding too much bulk and weight. How I love my little Zuiko 35-70 f3.5, under 400 grms, and can use it the whole day without a sweat.

Why can't the micro-motor drive the zoom lens? They did it for Contax N and Sony lenses.

Is it really true that Zeiss is not allowed to manufacture AF zoom/prime lenses as they are contratually binded by Sony. Does it covers MF zoom lenses?
[/URL]

Zeiss ZF/ZE/ZK/ZS are different from Sony Zeiss(ZA)... (different section, even Spotting Scopes )

here are the features of zeiss lenses