How do you carry tripod?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the better solution will be this way...:cool:

Traveling use tripod while taking the plane (Hand carry in)
After reaching the hotel, put the tripod aside and use the strap to carry around...:bsmilie:

If Just going near by or hiking just carry with a strap....
tripod stay at home.... :angel:

Tripod no in use keep in the tripod bag.....for storage...:sweat:

Hi guys, this question may sound stupid to some of you......

I am thinking to purchase the Lowepro Fastpack 250. However, this bag doesn't come with anything to hook on tripod. So, for those guys that using a bag like this, cant hook your tripod on, how do you carry your tripod?

I'm more into hobby photography, not those hardcore type, and I dont go out take photo often.

Tripod bag, cos I carry 2 tripods :D

Depend how heavy is your tripod

Light one, strap it on the camera bag. Can get the strap from army shop at the North Bridge Road market.

Heavy one, use tripod strap.

How light is light?
2.5kg light?

can the flipside handle big tripods? mine is ard 2kg.. considering this bag.. can it handle the weight?

No problem for me... mine oso ard 2kg... 2 leg in the pocket and and strap is long enough to secure most tripod... unless those huge 1 then i cant guarantee.

btw I am using 190Xprob with giottos 652 ball head.

I carry my tripod in a tripod bag! ;)

Might try to attach it to my bag next time when i head out :sweat:

i lost my giottos tripod hook for hook on the strap 1... :cry:

sometime bag n sometime hand carry.. but use hand will get abit tired... :bsmilie:

either shoulder strap for transportation or carrying handle for in-between locations, both r on tripod itself. :cool:

No problem for me... mine oso ard 2kg... 2 leg in the pocket and and strap is long enough to secure most tripod... unless those huge 1 then i cant guarantee.

btw I am using 190Xprob with giottos 652 ball head.

ok.. noted.. thanks btw! should be getting one soon. too irritated by hand-carrying tripod.. hands nt free to shoot when walking. plus last week, a passer-by actually accidentally banged into my tripod. :sweat: luckily not so hard.

Heh yeah that'd be my nightmare too; and if my tripod will come crashing down with its mounted camera and lens in that event.:sweat:

plus last week, a passer-by actually accidentally banged into my tripod. :sweat: luckily not so hard.

I carry my tripod in a similar way to how bro Harper does it. :)
Since my tripod is quite compact (SLIK Sprint PRO), I attach a small carabina clip to the head of the tripod and clip it to my belt whenever i go for shoots. May not be the best idea but works for me :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.