How do camera shops store their cameras and lens?

is it not advisable to leave my DSLR in my aircon room then morning i bring it to my living room(without aircon) right?
Please share with us how you come to that idea.

I will bring my dslr to my room at night to play with it, then leave it in my room under aircon for many hours till around afternoon when i'm in living room, i'll put it in the non-aircon room.

I will bring my dslr to my room at night to play with it, then leave it in my room under aircon for many hours till around afternoon when i'm in living room, i'll put it in the non-aircon room.
And? What exactly is your concern?

Sometimes the humidity in AC rooms is lower than what you set in your cabinet.
My room sometimes hit 30+% when on AC.
Therefore it's dry enough to prevent any fungus from growing. even if the AC is off in the night, fungus does not grow overnight.
And when the AC comes on the next day, it's back to dry environment again.

The only concern would be condensation from the sudden rise in temperature when you bring the camera out to the open from your AC room. Wait for 10-15mins, and the condensation will clear up.

Sometimes the humidity in AC rooms is lower than what you set in your cabinet.
My room sometimes hit 30+% when on AC.
Therefore it's dry enough to prevent any fungus from growing. even if the AC is off in the night, fungus does not grow overnight.
And when the AC comes on the next day, it's back to dry environment again.

The only concern would be condensation from the sudden rise in temperature when you bring the camera out to the open from your AC room. Wait for 10-15mins, and the condensation will clear up.

Yes! you got what I mean. Sorry Octarine for the unclear question i'm asking. Its okay if you don't get it. :)

But will condensation on the lens/anything causes anything??

(Sorry to be out-topic) :X

Last edited:
Yes! you got what I mean. Sorry Octarine for the unclear question i'm asking. Its okay if you don't get it. :)

But will condensation on the lens/anything causes anything??

(Sorry to be out-topic) :X
should be ok la... you play play with your camera but don't bring it out to shoot meh? Every day living room-bedroom-living room-bedroom....?

The main concern is. Bringing it into aircon room then later bring it out to non aircon area for everyday bah. Of course will go out la, haha.. But it's the process of bringing in and out and I'm afraid condensation will affects the lens or the sensor inside.. :S sorry elder bros, I'm a newbie. :D

The main concern is. Bringing it into aircon room then later bring it out to non aircon area for everyday bah. Of course will go out la, haha.. But it's the process of bringing in and out and I'm afraid condensation will affects the lens or the sensor inside.. :S sorry elder bros, I'm a newbie. :D
that's ok :)
but no need to be paranoid la...
You just need to take reasonable care of your camera, and all will be fine... :)

If you're concerned, maybe you can put the dry cabinet in your bedroom? So once you're done playing with your camera (got so much to play meh?) in the air-con room, you can just place it into the dry cabinet, where the air is dry and hence little or no condensation will occur.

condensation usually occur when the temperature change is great and the humidity level is also very high. from air con room to another room without air con is not much different, do you really see the condensation show up?

Yea, my mobile sometimes have condensation on the screen. Alright thanks for the advice bro! Thanks thanks!! :)

Yea, my mobile sometimes have condensation on the screen. Alright thanks for the advice bro! Thanks thanks!! :)
Then I guess your utility bill is quite high .. or is it just sweat from your cheek?

I used to dump my dslr into my bag when going to work. So everytime I bring the camera out of office, there will be condensation. No problem thus far, granted I do store everything in the dry cabinet when I get home.

I did have the experience of seeing fungus in brand new lens at one of the shop in funan. As it wasn't a common/popular lens, it probably had been sitting on the shelf/warehouse for quite a while. It wasn't like those really serious fungus which you can see without shining a bright light on the lens, but it was starting to grow from one of the corner.

so in short, if the store no AC (fans only) and wide open daily, is it save?

So in short, if u r worry, fly directly to the factory and buy freshly made lens. Confirm no fungus.

... done playing with your camera (got so much to play meh?) in the air-con room, you can just place it...

Bro...you don't play with camera in your bedroom meh? Sometime got pleasure playing and pretend take picture mah. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

my dog sleeps with me in my room, so i can take photo randomly! nothing wrong. :D:D:D

Bro...you don't play with camera in your bedroom meh? Sometime got pleasure playing and pretend take picture mah. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
errr. i mean I have the DSLR tripod mounted (remote ready) and the softboxes and all, but I wouldn't call that playing "with the camera" in the bedroom...

HAHAHA

+1 haha