How did you get fundings for expensive equipment?

How did you get fundings for expensive equipment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
from investments and part-time incomes.

u will reach a certain level where u dun need to buy anymore equipment.. dun chase every lens in the store.. know wat u need.

f
u will reach a certain level where u dun need to buy anymore equipment.. dun chase every lens in the store.. know wat u need.
Difficult lar...especially if you come in here everyday. Kena psycho by ppl from something you dun need to something you desperately want. :bsmilie:

for a non rich family like me to spend on this hobby, I just have to save up from my miserable salary.

I paid for my first camera by designing, building and selling headphone amplifiers. Money for skilled labour was worth quite a lot more back then.

save pocket money loh. save $15 per week, 1year 52 weeks: $15X52= $780. Can get a 2nd hand body or new lens :D
eat vegetarian everyday, cycle from home to workplace. lol

Then wear crash helmet. Because if accident, will cost me many many money. :think:
actually this method not bad also. raincoat n crash helmet can recycle n use another time, don't need spend money n keep buying new ones :bsmilie:

for me, part of my camera body was paid by my parents as a sixteen birthday present.
the other half i have to pay out of my own pocket.
that goes to show my family can't support my hobby.

lens, bags and whatever related are all from saving daily pocket money and i guess selling off other expensive stuff, for example your ipod and handphones. :cry:

at times like these, i'd be tempted to rob a bank or sell my soul.:sweat:

for me, part of my camera body was paid by my parents as a sixteen birthday present.

lens, bags and whatever related are all from saving daily pocket money and i guess selling off other expensive stuff, for example your ipod and handphones. :cry:

Well, at least they give you half the amount. I only got my 1st camera when I started working.......:bigeyes:

Its a hobby, not a necessity. Saving and buying things from your own pocket, you will treasure it more. If you cannot afford it, then better off without it. ;)

You are so lucky already. Thank your parents.
Since when did family have to support a child's hobbies?
This generation is so different. What if your next hobby is racing cars?

I have friends who started hard grinding work at 15 to help support the family so they can live.

Got my 1st cam when I started with my current company
with TONS of OTs to buy buy buy and save save save
at the same time. :bsmilie:

I do believe that if you wanna learn or take up as a hobby,
use your own cash. Then you will feel the pinch and learn
it properly and the "5-min temperature" thing wouldn't
happen at all. Besides, you would want a "total experience"
of acquiring, holding, using and producing great pictures
with the camera

many young kids younger than me have higer end equipments than me, nowadays kids are spoilt

dad sponsers 75%. i'll always have to chip in 25%. but cant spend much. need to fuel my other hobby too. :S

saving up on pocket money works miracles. :)

dont sell yoursoul man, maybe to metamorphosis and become ghost rider then do that

Haha you're lucky!

I get all my photographic equipment thru saving up my work pay and pocket money. My hobby isn't really supported by parents. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.