Hong Kong Camera Gears Shopping Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the update!
(T_T)... *shredding my wish list*
Hope for best this October when I go there..

Some are going msia to get the stuffs on the other thread.

Hi everyone,
Just wondering if anyone has bought Westcott Apollo 28" Softbox and Pocket Wizard TT1-TT5 (Nikon CE-version):think:. I have been to Shum Shui Po before.

I'm planning to get the two items any useful advice, information, Pocket Wizard warranty, and specific branch to go to.

Thanks in advance.:)

Anybody knows the latest street price of Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8G and Nikon 105mm f/2.8G? SGP retailers say no increase in prices leh.

Any useful advice, information.:sweat:..

Hi everyone,
Just wondering if anyone has bought Westcott Apollo 28" Softbox and Pocket Wizard TT1-TT5 (Nikon CE-version):think:. I have been to Shum Shui Po before.

I'm planning to get the two items any useful advice, information, Pocket Wizard warranty, and specific branch to go to.

Thanks in advance.:)

Any useful advice, information.:sweat:..

I just got back from HKG, and did some lens shopping, great guide and super useful!!!

Bought my stuff from Echo and Tin Cheung.

Thanks CS Tan!

Hi, just back from hk

Indeed stock running out for lens hence higher prices

1) 35 mm 1.8 , bought for 1900 at kinefoto at Stanley road, list price 1880 at most shops but all no stock

2) 18-200 vr 2 , bought at sunlite at the peak, 5800, cheapest price out of 20 over shops I asked

3) Olympus epl 2 for mum , 4550 bought at tin cheung , kit, Stanley st

Overall went to mongkok and found lens I wanted lacking, not much stock

4) kaba dl 12 for epl 2, @ shop direct shumshuipo, computer center, 280

Cheers,
Manualvin

Hi Bro CS TAN,

I saw this shop website selling samyang lens at very competitive rate compare to SG.
any idea if this is a reputable or "safe" shop to visit?
i only have two night there and no day. haha. so time is very very limited. will have to plan extrememly careful so that i can get some lens back.
plan to get the samyang 8mm and 85mm. and some pentax lens.
any advise?

the website that i mention.
www.photoman.com.hk

Hi Bro CS TAN,

I saw this shop website selling samyang lens at very competitive rate compare to SG.
any idea if this is a reputable or "safe" shop to visit?
i only have two night there and no day. haha. so time is very very limited. will have to plan extrememly careful so that i can get some lens back.
plan to get the samyang 8mm and 85mm. and some pentax lens.
any advise?

the website that i mention.
www.photoman.com.hk

They are a reputable shop and have a couple of stores. I bought my Samyang 14mm from them. If you buy from their stores, remember to ask them to honor their website price since their store price is slighter higher. They also have free local delivery if total purchase is over HK$300.

They are a reputable shop and have a couple of stores. I bought my Samyang 14mm from them. If you buy from their stores, remember to ask them to honor their website price since their store price is slighter higher. They also have free local delivery if total purchase is over HK$300.

Thanks. I think I will just pay this shop a visit when i'm there. no time to go shop hopping too.
I will visit another 2 shops recommended by you too.
Tin Cheung Camera (天祥攝影器材)
and
Echo Photo & Audio (回音)
Cheers and thanks.

CS,
Greetings.

Could you advise where to buy lenscoat in HK? In my last trip 2 weeks ago, I didn't manage to find any at sim city. I am looking for lens coat for my nikon 70-200 vr2. I wonder if the price is better than Cathay Photo at S$158. Thanks.

CS,
Greetings.

Could you advise where to buy lenscoat in HK? In my last trip 2 weeks ago, I didn't manage to find any at sim city. I am looking for lens coat for my nikon 70-200 vr2. I wonder if the price is better than Cathay Photo at S$158. Thanks.

Can try this shop over in Mongkok: iphotohk.com

I believe they are the authorized dealer for Lenscoat in HK. Here is the price for the 70-200mm:
http://www.iphotohk.com/shop/v2/index.php?manufacturers_id=11&sort=2a&page=3

Hi cs, just want to check with u if hk have any hidden cost like gst in sg?
Dun wish to later payment kenna add any taxes or service charge by them
.. :)

one952 said:

No gst. Stick with reputable shops and you should have a lower risk of being ripped off.

The only thing to watch out is that some shops do charge the extra 2% when you use credit card. When asking for a quote, I usually ask a follow-up question whether the quote applies to credit card payment.

No gst. Stick with reputable shops and you should have a lower risk of being ripped off.

thanks, yap, i will just go recommended one. :)

The only thing to watch out is that some shops do charge the extra 2% when you use credit card. When asking for a quote, I usually ask a follow-up question whether the quote applies to credit card payment.

thanks, bro, well noted. :)

Thanks for spending the time to set this thread up! Really very informative! Excellent!!

Hi cs and one952,

Beside the two shop you recommend Tin Cheung Camera (天祥攝影器材) and Echo Photo & Audio (回音), any other shop to recommend?

I plan to get D7000 body or kit. Any brothers just return back from HK if you know the price for D7000 body and body + kit len. Kindly let me know. Thank Q

I call up DCfever in HK on 10 April 2011, the staff did not want to reveal the price over the phone. I explain my reason but the staff politely reject me.
So I need help in getting some camera shop, hope my luck could get the answer I need.

You can also consider Wing Shing/Man Shing in Mongkok area.

For price checking, you have to go to the shop for a quote as the shops are quite reluctant to give quotes over the phone as they are not sure whether the caller is a genuine customer or it is their competitors checking the price and try to undercut them.

Status
Not open for further replies.