Hong Kong Camera Gears Shopping Guide 2012

IluvDYL said:
Yup with international warranty.

BBB. Happy shopping.

hey guys, i am making a trip to HK. Looking to buy speedlight SB-700 and tripod.
Anyone know if I should go for grey set for nikon flash?

any decent and cheap tripod to recommend for more than 160cm?

hey guys, i am making a trip to HK. Looking to buy speedlight SB-700 and tripod.
Anyone know if I should go for grey set for nikon flash?

any decent and cheap tripod to recommend for more than 160cm?

Depends on the price diff. If it's not too much just get the warranty set as nikon flash warranty is international.

no leh. I am planning to buy Sb-700 and 50mm f1.8d in coming CNY. Called Fortress and Broadway HK and they said all is CHINA warranty. I searched price.com.hk all also local warranty.

Anyone encounter problem with lens or flash bought from HK within a year ?

no leh. I am planning to buy Sb-700 and 50mm f1.8d in coming CNY. Called Fortress and Broadway HK and they said all is CHINA warranty. I searched price.com.hk all also local warranty.

Anyone encounter problem with lens or flash bought from HK within a year ?

Bought my 35 f2.0 from Broadway just in oct. It's international warranty as stated in the warranty card.

Bought my 35 f2.0 from Broadway just in oct. It's international warranty as stated in the warranty card.

Per nikon hk site,

[ Worldwide warranty ] [ Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau warranty ]All Nikon Film Equipment (listed below) are covered by one year international warranty(otherwise stated).Compact Cameras [35mm]SLR Cameras [35mm]APS Compact Cameras [IX240]APS SLR Cameras [IX240]Nikkor LensesNikon SpeedlightFilm Cameras' AccessoriesBinoculars

Source: http://www.nikon.com.hk/en_HK/pagea...pages/service_support/warranty_conditions.xml

Bro, which Broadway branch you bought from ? I called the branch at Cityplaza, Taikoo Shing and they told me is not international warranty. Frustrated.

Bro, which Broadway branch you bought from ? I called the branch at Cityplaza, Taikoo Shing and they told me is not international warranty. Frustrated.

Got it from the broadway located at the underground mall linking tsim tsa tsui mtr to the new mall opposite holiday inn (Can't rmb the name, it's the former hyatt hotel)

Other than Sim City, any other places in HK which stocks a good selection of camera bags?

Hello. Thanks for this and the previous thread, very useful information.

I'm going to HK in less than three weeks and I am planning on buying a T3i with either the 18-55mm lens or the 18-135mm lens and the 40mm f2.8 or the nifty fifty. I see that the body goes for as low as 3500HKD on price.co.hk and that the 40mm, for example, goes for as low as 1100HKD. Kits range from 4100HKD to 5700HKD. Those seem to be grey items, which I am fine with, but the price seems quite low nevertheless. Does anyone know about those stores? Can they be trusted?

I tried posting some links but it seems I can't do that yet. There is one store called CartCart and another called Shopping Limited, both of which are quite cheap.

Thanks in advance.

I will be in HK in less than three weeks. Looking to buy a T3i with one of the kit lenses, 18-55 or 18-135, plus a 40mm f2.8 or nifty fifty. The body is sold as low as 3500HKD on price.com.hk and the 40mm, for example, for as low as 1100HKD. Do those prices seem reasonable? I presume they are grey market items, which I am ok with, but even then they seems quite cheap. A friend of mine bought the 18-55 kit for 400HKD a few months ago and has had no problems with it. There's two stores in particular, Shopping Limited and CartCart, which carry the body for quite a low price. Are they trustable stores? Anyone had experience with them?

Thanks in advance.

Im sorry for the double post! My browser has been having some issues and it didn't show that the first message had successfully been posted until after I posted the second. My apologies.

so which is the best priced shop in hong kong?

Other than Sim City, any other places in HK which stocks a good selection of camera bags?

I will normally go Tin Cheung at K11 Shopping Centre. Lots of things to look at in one shop.

Hi, looking for a trusted camera shop that sells rangefinder/film camera, film, acc, esepcially 2nd hand Leica bodies/lenses in HK, opinions? :)

May I know do all Tim Cheng shops have billingham bags?

Hello

Planning to ask my friend who's going to Hk in march to buy a Fuji XE-1 for moi. Thing is am not sure of the shop to buy, saw in price.com.hk is differ in price by 400$sgd by singapore price ($2099 with 18-55 kit)
Any recommendation, appreciate the help.

Merci

I was thinking of the XE-1 with 18-55 too but am confused about the warranty issues also. Price.com.hk says they come with local HK warranty of 1 year . Is the fuji warranty international ?