Home Theatre Set up for a HDB living room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just spotted echoloft has a Paradigm PDR-8 for sale :devil: $200 ... not bad.
Checked, but got aother people booked already.
ai yo just suggesting he get those $199 or $299 ht system(made in china)brand.
if not carrefour...go giant supermart :bsmilie:
Thinking of getting a more reasonable system for long term use, otherwise usually there will be free HT system given out if buy those Samsung LCD TV. So the $299 system may be out for me.

To be VERY TRUTHFULLY HONEST here... it's no point investing in a good sound system when you're gonna be using it in the living room. Too much sound loss and the design won't be easy.

Get a room just for entertainment and soundproof it, then you're set. :thumbsup: :sweat:
can't afford lah, my ears not that good also :sweat:

can't afford lah, my ears not that good also :sweat:

wait u play with cables, fifty-cents, 1 dollars coin and those wooden/rubber cones....:bsmilie:

wait u play with cables, fifty-cents, 1 dollars coin and those wooden/rubber cones....:bsmilie:

actually feel that its all 心理作用 ... :think:

I don't play with such things - but i feel quality of speaker stands are damn important.

Thinking of getting a more reasonable system for long term use, otherwise usually there will be free HT system given out if buy those Samsung LCD TV. So the $299 system may be out for me.

Then no choice... the PDR-8 is a good sub...

actually feel that its all 心理作用 ... :think:

I don't play with such things - but i feel quality of speaker stands are damn important.
that's also part of the 心理作用 :bsmilie:

I ever tried to enquire about these HT or Hifi systems.. even the simplest or reasonably cheap setup also cost at least $1000-1500.

The Samsung LCD tv 32" costs about $1500, the HT i mentioned previously costs about $800. Those so call free HT is already factor into the cost. Samsung minus point i heard so far is poor tech support service as compared to Sony. Get from hdb shophouse cheaper. Harvey/courts/best denki are about $100 more expensive in general. But they can provide extended warranty with additional cost.

Yeah.. the monsters... oxy free stuff... man, scary

i got an active sub at home and it costs $900 liao.. ever since my HDB upgrading renovation, i haven't hooked my system back. now only have 1 amp, 2 speakers.. :bsmilie: all the surround, sub and what not under the living room sofa collecting dust.

hee... my sub is already 2.1k and i know others like wind30 whose sub is even more... to me, the sat speakers can get those mid-range ones but sub must be solid cause movies have a lot of low freq effects which require a good sub...

:bsmilie: ... Don't start about subs ... I sense the SVS owners are lurking here... :bsmilie:

And yes i own a SVS ... just got poisoned by Earthquake's performance though :sweat:

hahaha... yes i'm one of them...

I've heard the earthquake recently... its a sealed 15" one. It cost 3k plus but i still felt that the SVS subs are a much better buy except for their footprint.

OMG ... don't tell me you're one of those that got the PB12 Ultra/2 :sweat:

Mine's only the PB10 ISD ... :rolleyes:

Contemplating to get the Earthquake minime though ...

hee... my sub is already 2.1k and i know others like wind30 whose sub is even more... to me, the sat speakers can get those mid-range ones but sub must be solid cause movies have a lot of low freq effects which require a good sub...
2.1K :bigeyes: for a sub. :sweat:

I was thinking of 1.5K , the most 2K for the whole system :embrass:

:bsmilie: so now you know the poison we get when one finally finds that "hey ... how come my sub keep on distorting and cannot go any louder and i can't feel any "oomph" in my seat" ... :devil:

If you want to know why, you can always pay me a visit... :)

OMG ... don't tell me you're one of those that got the PB12 Ultra/2 :sweat:

Mine's only the PB10 ISD ... :rolleyes:

Contemplating to get the Earthquake minime though ...

no lah... mine is only PB12+/2

If you want to know why, you can always pay me a visit... :)
Sure, like to know what a high end HT system and sub woofer can offer, though don't think I got budget for that though, just hope I won't be kena the BBB virus :sweat: .

Status
Not open for further replies.