Hi I'm new.

Welcome welcome! No such thing as a bad camera, cos the most important thing is the photographer so do have fun with ur cam! ;)

Increase in aperture value will enlarge the depth of field, producing wider focus, hence slower shutter speed required at the lowest ISO.

Decrease in aperture value will lessen the depth of field, producing narrower focus, hence faster shutter speed required at the lowest ISO.

Wider focus as in taking the bigger picture ie. landscape.
And narrower focus as in focusing a particular object and blurring the background ie. macro.

Did I got it wrong?

You can't have wider, narrower and focus altogether.

You can have greater or shallower depth of field. That part you understand.

But tele and wide fields of view have to do with the focal length of your lens and nothing to do with your f number.

You can't have wider, narrower and focus altogether.

You can have greater or shallower depth of field. That part you understand.

But tele and wide fields of view have to do with the focal length of your lens and nothing to do with your f number.

Oh ya focal length! dang, I mixed myself up between the depth of field and wideness of field. I get what you mean, aperture value deals with depth of field and focal length, the tele or wide view of a photo. Think I read too much and got confused. haha. Thanks alot. :thumbsup:

Question answered.

Last edited: