Hewes Student Film Processing Kit MO from freestylephoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinned79

Jun 18, 2009
Singapore
www.dennislee.co
Hi all,

I am keen to get this kit and looking for 4 more person to join me to save on shipping cost.

For more info about this product, please click here:
Hewes Student Film Processing Kit | Freestyle Photographic Supplies

This Hewes Student Film Processing Kit contains the below:
16 oz. stainless steel tank x 1
Hewes 35mm developing reels x 2
25 negative Print File storage pages that hold seven strips of five 35mm negatives x 1

Cost breakdown:
(USD 54.99 x 5 + USD 65.40 (Shipping by FedEx International Premium) ) / 5 pax = USD 68 per person (approximately SGD 88 due to rates fluctuation)

Let me know if you are keen!

:)

my bad! i forget that 5 person will exceed SGD 400.

Sorry... this MO changed to 4 person... so I need 3 more person who is keen to buy this kit with me.

ost breakdown:
(USD 54.99 x 4 + USD 63.17 (Shipping by FedEx International Premium) ) / 4 pax = USD 70.80 per person (approximately SGD 92 due to rates fluctuation)

Why not get the AP tank (2x 35mm or 1x 120) for $35 and a set of 25 35mm storage sleeves at $11 from Chiif? You could add in the storage file for $20 and still be cheaper than Freestyle.

Why not get the AP tank (2x 35mm or 1x 120) for $35 and a set of 25 35mm storage sleeves at $11 from Chiif? You could add in the storage file for $20 and still be cheaper than Freestyle.

i am looking at getting a stainless steel tank + reel.

There's new FIMS shipping

Try 2 x Hewes Kit

FedEx International Premium = $48.90
USPS Priority Mail International = $53.74
FIMS - Insured = $34.50
FIMS = $30.00

(109.98 + 30) / 2 = $69.99

no need to look for 2 more people :bsmilie:

There's new FIMS shipping

Try 2 x Hewes Kit

FedEx International Premium = $48.90
USPS Priority Mail International = $53.74
FIMS - Insured = $34.50
FIMS = $30.00

(109.98 + 30) / 2 = $69.99

no need to look for 2 more people :bsmilie:

takes too long to deliver for FIMS...

A little note for newbies, steel reel are not easy to load compared to the paterson reel....

hi sinned79

u can call seng cheong @ 6336 3244 to check if they have steel ones?

Hewes reel is very easy to use. Not sure if seng cheong carries hewes brand.

sinned79 said:
hmm dats not what i read though.... film tends to stick to plastic reel more easily when its wet?

Erm the question is, do u reel them when its wet or dry? Once reeled in, you shouldnt have any issue..:)

I think a little practise is needed afterall..
Unlike the pastic reel, u need to curl de film a little (forming a u shape, becos de reel size is zlightly smaller than de film) when u reel n followed by pulling de film to straighten it so that it fit nicely into the metal reel..

Do correct me if im wrong..

Hewes reel is very easy to use. Not sure if seng cheong carries hewes brand.

not sure.. but i saw some steel ones in their LPL catalogue book

Erm the question is, do u reel them when its wet or dry? Once reeled in, you shouldnt have any issue..:)

I think a little practise is needed afterall..
Unlike the pastic reel, u need to curl de film a little (forming a u shape, becos de reel size is zlightly smaller than de film) when u reel n followed by pulling de film to straighten it so that it fit nicely into the metal reel..

Do correct me if im wrong..

oh i mean when you "unreel" the film to hang up and dry...

I'm currently on my hewes reels.... it gets easier after a few practices.... definitely a must get. Sinned, are you still carrying on with the MO?

Status
Not open for further replies.