Here comes Nikon D200... finally a reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
espn said:
Don't bother ... he's a clone of Cash and Minoxman, just out to stir sh!t... use the ignore function :)

Specs of D200:

12.4MP (1.5X FLM, CMOS)
ISO 100 to ISO800 (Hi1, Hi2)
2" LCD
EN-EL3a
3D Matrix Metetring II
1860-Pixel RGB sensor
i-TTL/CLS
9 focusing points
Optional MB-D200 battery grip†

which AF module is it using?

CAM1300?

markccm said:
so cam900? cam1300 or cam2000?
Don't think too much lah. Just get ready some $$ to Buy Buy Buy. :devil:

which makes me wonder why no one (other than Nikon that is) has actually tried to file for it earlier, given that all the signs point towards D200 as the new name.

a squatter can try it in Singapore though, it isn't registered "YET", although it will probably defeated if a claim for priority is made.

3pin said:
This is just a trademark registration, does not mean anything. If you do a search, you would also notice that Intel has registered alot of trademark besides what you see in the maket. This is more to protect its brand.

you are right, defensive registrations can only buy you that much time.

well it takes a while before the application is examined and finally registered, so they have some time to file their allegation of use with specimens where necessary. more time can probably be bought by relying on a home country registration.

Hopefully D200 comes out soon! :)

Smurfie said:
Not exactly sure if Nikon is just doing this for brand protection, although it might make sense to, especially when you see literally every camera brand sticking a D as a prefix or suffix to a number for their camera models.

However, some countries(including the US), requires that you have a specimen of a product or label, tag or container of the product in order to qualify for a trademark registration. This would mean that the D200 is indeed close.

espn said:
Don't bother ... he's a clone of Cash and Minoxman, just out to stir sh!t... use the ignore function :)

Specs of D200:

12.4MP (1.5X FLM, CMOS)
ISO 100 to ISO800 (Hi1, Hi2)
2" LCD
EN-EL3a
3D Matrix Metetring II
1860-Pixel RGB sensor
i-TTL/CLS
9 focusing points
Optional MB-D200 battery grip†

If all thes comes true . it will cos the same price as the D2x and D2x is gone to be the same rank as the D200..

Luval said:
If all thes comes true . it will cos the same price as the D2x and D2x is gone to be the same rank as the D200..
:bsmilie:

Luval said:

So does it mean that D100 sharing the same rank as a D1x?
D100 is a 6 MP camera vs. D1X 5.9 MP? :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

In term of bussiness wise, do you think Nikon will cannibalize on its own flagship model using a semi pro/amateur range camera?

Anyway, enough of technoloy talk, its time to go out and shoot.. ;)

scanner said:
So does it mean that D100 sharing the same rank as a D1x?
D100 is a 6 MP camera vs. D1X 5.9 MP? :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

In term of bussiness wise, do you think Nikon will cannibalize on its own flagship model using a semi pro/amateur range camera?

Anyway, enough of technoloy talk, its time to go out and shoot.. ;)
I'm still laughing :bsmilie: You don't make me laugh more can?

My wild guess for this DSLR is gonna be somewhere between S$3,500-3,800.;p :dunno: So start saving now dude!

Luval said:

wow!! u sure know how to segment your product line man :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.