Help : What should I buy after I've gotten my FZ-50

Status
Not open for further replies.
to the original poster - how would anyone else besides yourself knows what you will need to get for your camera? people may simply suggest things that they need, but may be of entirely no use to you... :nono:

just get what you need to get that photo which the standard package of the camera lacks - not buy everything and see whether you need it later or not (waste money le)

the 35mm equivalent focal length is directly related to the sensor's crop factor.
In some cameras, when you select a lower resolution, only the centre region of the full sensor is used, and thus the crop factor is increased, making the 35mm equivalent focal length increase as well.

In theory the focal length increase, but it really does is crop the image at the centre for you. So if u view both picture, one at full res and the other at lower res, at 100%, you'll notice that the pictures are the same. Correct me if I'm wrong.

In theory the focal length increase, but it really does is crop the image at the centre for you. So if u view both picture, one at full res and the other at lower res, at 100%, you'll notice that the pictures are the same. Correct me if I'm wrong.
no, the focal length of the lens is not changed, but the 35mm equivalent of the focal length changed in accordance to the sensor's crop factor - that is what i'm saying. and you are right with what you wrote above, which i quoted, but from a different point of view.

Many ppl still think that lowering the pixel count can actually get more focal length, but the truth is that, if u zoom up these images to 100%, you'll notice that actually there's no actual increase in focal length.

This theory has been explained when FZ-30 came up with this idea.

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/panasonic/dmc_fz30-review/index.shtml
well yes, but many are too lazy to crop during processing, so they let the camera do the cropping and to get the ultra high zoom feel. :bsmilie:

well yes, but many are too lazy to crop during processing, so they let the camera do the cropping and to get the ultra high zoom feel. :bsmilie:

cant argue with that! LOL
(maybe they print directly off the camera - i know some people do)

Hi guys

Anything to take note for buying 2nd hand Flash like FL36 or FL50?

I believe flahes work like light bulbs, in which it wont "flash" or light up for some time?

Hi guys

Anything to take note for buying 2nd hand Flash like FL36 or FL50?

I believe flahes work like light bulbs, in which it wont "flash" or light up for some time?

Ideally look for one with warranty left. Then always always bring full batteries and your camera to test the flash. TTL AUTO/AUTO and MANUAL will work for the FL-36 and FL50(FL20 also I believe), but FP TTL will not so take note (FP is essentially high speed sync for focal plane shutters only). Play with the wheel that controls output to make sure that the TTL metering is working correctly...thats all I can recall for now;p

Ideally look for one with warranty left. Then always always bring full batteries and your camera to test the flash. TTL AUTO/AUTO and MANUAL will work for the FL-36 and FL50(FL20 also I believe), but FP TTL will not so take note (FP is essentially high speed sync for focal plane shutters only). Play with the wheel that controls output to make sure that the TTL metering is working correctly...thats all I can recall for now;p

Ok,
think now waiting for pple to let go theirs....

One more thing....

One CS-er is offering a 2 year old FL36. I am concerned abt the wear and tear, or whether is there is such thing for flash. "Wear and tear" as in the flash brightness/quality deteroiates/dim a lot?

Depends actually...flash die from both over and/or underusage, so without seeing the unit for yourself its hard to tell...best is to arrange for no obligation viewing and testing throughly if possible before buying

what do u all use as camera case? anyone using this?

PS-HFZ30

ps-hfz30.jpg

i have a lowepro ex120 but quite big to carry around i think

what wide angle lenses do you recommend? i saw a PRO TAMA brand with Macro in APO photo selling at 150sgd, is it reasonable?

any recommended shops to buy fz50 accessories?

Status
Not open for further replies.