Help Please ? =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think if you have the budget for 1600, D80 will be your best bet.

that camera will serve you at least a 3yrs, or you can always opt for 2nd hands at the buy and sell.

i see i see..
so its wiser to just get a D80 because it'll last me for a longer time without upgrading the body itself right ?
i heard of people using the body for a long time while just buying different lenses..
okay cool. thanks again ! :)

If u get a D60 for instance, its only a matter of time b4 u upgrade the body. Chances are that u will also become dissatisfied with your D60 lenses (assuming u buy the budget kit lenses). Then u are stuck with having to upgrade the body and the lens. Better to invest in a good body and start building lenses for your shooting style. Thats my personal opinion. :)

i just bought the D80 kit abt 1-2mths ago... i bought at $1600... so ur quote is cheap liao, if it includes GST (gotta make sure cos AP-SL quote me $1450 also w/o GST)...
the reason i chose D80 is cos i can buy 2nd hand lens from here.... THe lens collection is gg to cost much more than the body in future.. Furthermore many of the "legendary" lens are still not AF-S, Gotta autofocus...

i think if you have the budget for 1600, D80 will be your best bet.

that camera will serve you at least a 3yrs, or you can always opt for 2nd hands at the buy and sell.

okay thanks !
noted.. :)

If u get a D60 for instance, its only a matter of time b4 u upgrade the body. Chances are that u will also become dissatisfied with your D60 lenses (assuming u buy the budget kit lenses). Then u are stuck with having to upgrade the body and the lens. Better to invest in a good body and start building lenses for your shooting style. Thats my personal opinion. :)

so its best to invest in the D80 ?
and later get a 18-200 VR lens. HAHAHA. :D

i just bought the D80 kit abt 1-2mths ago... i bought at $1600... so ur quote is cheap liao, if it includes GST (gotta make sure cos AP-SL quote me $1450 also w/o GST)...
the reason i chose D80 is cos i can buy 2nd hand lens from here.... THe lens collection is gg to cost much more than the body in future.. Furthermore many of the "legendary" lens are still not AF-S, Gotta autofocus...

oh okay. hmm they offered 1450 inclusive of GST.
some random corner shop at funan though.
haha thanks for your inputs !

Between the 2, I would go for the D80. But I would seriously suggest that you try out the different cams first. The feeling of the grip in your hand, the layout of the buttons & functions, etc.

so its best to invest in the D80 ?
and later get a 18-200 VR lens. HAHAHA. :D

d80 with 18-200mm vr is going to be a bit heavy for overseas use.
the 18-135mm that came with the d80 as kit is a lighter option only problem is from 70mm onwards may need to use tripod.

the 18-135mm that came with the d80 as kit is a lighter option only problem is from 70mm onwards may need to use tripod.

increase the ISO...D80 can handle up to ISO 1600 quite well...
18-200VR is super ex... i can buy 3x 18-135mm with it and hardly miss the 75mm difference also cos i have the 70-300mm which i always use in the 200-300mm range

Between the 2, I would go for the D80. But I would seriously suggest that you try out the different cams first. The feeling of the grip in your hand, the layout of the buttons & functions, etc.

i kinda like the feeling of the D80 in my hands.
it just feels nice.
like being there in my hands.
sturdy..

oh okay. thanks ! :)

increase the ISO...D80 can handle up to ISO 1600 quite well...
18-200VR is super ex... i can buy 3x 18-135mm with it and hardly miss the 75mm difference also cos i have the 70-300mm which i always use in the 200-300mm range

with higher ISO , comes with better vibration control ?
correct me if i'm wrong , i'm really new to all these..

by bumping up the ISO, u can increase the shutter speed.. so, less blurry images when taken at that long focal length.. e.g 200-300mm...

by bumping up the ISO, u can increase the shutter speed.. so, less blurry images when taken at that long focal length.. e.g 200-300mm...

oh okay ..
noted.
thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.