Help! Pentax K-7

i want to get k-7 because i want to invest long term i doubt i will be changing it for a couple of years. As i am a student now my mum will be the one paying not be so i don't think i can change in the near future. if i can change in a yr or two i don't mind k-x.

Wah Mum Paying...so good.

I think Pentax getting popular nowadays due to their K7 and Kx.

Ideally, you'd want to borrow or rent a basic lens now at least until you know when and whether the twin lens kit is coming.
Alternatively, you can get a lens that you can use now, and continue using even when you later get the twin lens kit.
Possibilities include the FA 50mm f/1.4, Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8, DA 40mm f/2.8.

Or look around the Pentax B&S area for second hand lenses that are being offered.

Btw, is there any source that i can find out what does the acronyms of the lenses means? and techniques on how to use DSLRs? i am really keen to learn. BTW I FINALLY FOUND K-7 AND THE DUAL LENSES KIT!!! I AM GETTING IT ON SUNDAY!!!! WHOOHOO!!!!! ;)

alamak .....I thot what happened ............... buy K7 also must fret .............:what:

Btw, is there any source that i can find out what does the acronyms of the lenses means? and techniques on how to use DSLRs? i am really keen to learn. BTW I FINALLY FOUND K-7 AND THE DUAL LENSES KIT!!! I AM GETTING IT ON SUNDAY!!!! WHOOHOO!!!!! ;)

Join our monthly outing lor.;p

alamak .....I thot what happened ............... buy K7 also must fret .............:what:

I just want to share with the people who had advice me and make suggestion to me. if you don't like the you can don't read this tread. :) Wouldn't you be happy if you get something you really want ?

I just want to share with the people who had advice me and make suggestion to me. if you don't like the you can don't read this tread. :) Wouldn't you be happy if you get something you really want ?

the thing he wants only exists in his dreams..... :angel:

Jiawei, Fengwei made a sticky thread on websites that provide tons on info on Pentax bodies and lenses(and the acronyms).

IMHO this is one of the best help pages:
Bojidar Dimitrov's Pentax K-Mount Equipment Page - All things about Pentax K-Mount.
http://www.bdimitrov.de/kmp/

OT.

Any recommendation SDHC card and bag?
getting K-7 this weekend :lovegrin:

I was at Orient Photo last Sunday, and they sold one set K7 with kit lens to a Mr Chew Peng. No issue at all. I was checking out the Metz 58 and Nissin flashes. Sin Lim L6; can't miss.

ya. take the lift to level 6 then turn towards left directions. :)

OT.

Any recommendation SDHC card and bag?
getting K-7 this weekend :lovegrin:

Hmm, can look for kingston or Sandisk SDHC card. go for class 4 or 6. Bag wise, lowepro stealth reporter 100 or 200 (depending on ur future expansion of lens n flash)? mine is EX180 (nikon free bag) given by a fren of mine too..need to save $. :)

Hmm, can look for kingston or Sandisk SDHC card. go for class 4 or 6. Bag wise, lowepro stealth reporter 100 or 200 (depending on ur future expansion of lens n flash)? mine is EX180 (nikon free bag) given by a fren of mine too..need to save $. :)

i see..
the bag i will get later on..:)

Bought the K-7 and the WR dual lens (18-55 & 50-200) with SLR Revo.

Hope it helps if you are still looking for the lens.

Congrats on the k-7, hope youll have a great time with it.

I just got my Think Tank bag. :)

Which Think Tank did you get?

I am still searching for a bag and dry cabinet.

Bought the K-7 and the WR dual lens (18-55 & 50-200) with SLR Revo.

Hope it helps if you are still looking for the lens.

Congrats on your purchase !;)