Help : NZ domestic airfare

Status
Not open for further replies.

James_T

May 14, 2003
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone ever purchased NZ domestic air tickets before.

The price difference is huge when you try different country sites of Air NZ.

http://www.airnewzealand.com.sg/ "Sg site" about $400-500
http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/ "Nz site" about $150-$200

If I buy direct from NZ site, would there be a problem?
I was hoping to fly into Auckland on Royal Brunei or something cheap, then fly air newzealand to my destination in the South.

all helpful tips are welcome. Thanks.

I bought nz domestic before, but I did it while I was in NZ itself so I walk into a office instead of doing it online.

My guess is that if you do it at nz site, you have to collect your ticket at NZ, if you book from sg then collect from Singapore.

You may want to check local tour agent to see if they have even better price.

Also try priceline.com

Not sure how Air New Zealand does it, but Quantas issues an "e-ticket" (via email) for online booking, with your particulars and a unique number. You print this out and it serves as your ticket. This is for a domestic flight in Australia.

At least, I HOPE that's how it works. It'll be an interesting trip if not. Will let you know when I come back. ;p

StreetShooter said:
Not sure how Air New Zealand does it, but Quantas issues an "e-ticket" (via email) for online booking, with your particulars and a unique number. You print this out and it serves as your ticket. This is for a domestic flight in Australia.

At least, I HOPE that's how it works. It'll be an interesting trip if not. Will let you know when I come back. ;p
Yup, done it on Virgin Blue and I believe its the same for Qantas. In fact, just need that reference no. ... :)

James_T,
The AirNZ site should have some FAQ on whether its e-ticket or how the tickets are issued etc... Go read them carefully...

..NuTs..

Hi,

I have bought NZ domestic flight from Wellington to Auckland before when I was travelling in NZ last month.

I book the flight from airnz.co.nz website and they send me a e-ticket to my email account. You just need to print that e-ticket and when u reach the airport, either express-checkin using the code they indicated on the e-ticket or just show it to any counters of airNZ :)

Hope this will helps u :p if u buy early enough, it is cheaper to get domestic flight from airNZ.co.nz instead of airNZ.com.sg website :)

thanks to everyone who contributed.

Looks like i can save $100-200 by flying to Auckland first and then buying a domestic separately, rather than flying air new zealand all the way. Of course there is a danger of missing connections and stuff ... have to weight my options, and also availability.

btw, the air nz webby says they are expecting the busiest summer ever at auckland international airport.

mM_Mm said:
Hi,

I have bought NZ domestic flight from Wellington to Auckland before when I was travelling in NZ last month.

I book the flight from airnz.co.nz website and they send me a e-ticket to my email account. You just need to print that e-ticket and when u reach the airport, either express-checkin using the code they indicated on the e-ticket or just show it to any counters of airNZ :)

Hope this will helps u :p if u buy early enough, it is cheaper to get domestic flight from airNZ.co.nz instead of airNZ.com.sg website :)

shucks! I tried the domestic booking and at payment details, they asked for country of residence. Rejected me when I keyed singapore.

did you encounter the same thing?

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.