Help needed. negatives came out blank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya I totally think so. But make sure it's not your fault, like you dropped the camera or something :p

Anyway, most likely the camera is spoilt before you bought it. These film cameras are not likely to break that easily.

And maybe you can send somewhere for repair? David (fatigue) maybe can help you with that.. He charge quite reasonable (read: cheap) and also quite skillful to my experiences..

Last edited:
TS should expose the seller to prevent others from getting conned! :(

today i bring to peninsular to let another uncle check. straight away without even looking the camera, (i show him the roll of negatives) he said shutter spoil. to repair=$180. price i paid for camera= F80 body+grip+28-85mm lens= $230.

no point repairing he said. and he told me, the person know spoil one thats why the person sell you cheap.
haiz..true la. but seller shouldnt conceal and said camera is still in good working condition ma.. say until there is no fault with the camera.

i didnt drop it or anything. honestly, i dont even dare to anyhow fidget with it cos i am a noob, dunno anything about cameras.
now after testing the camera last night, i think the auto focus function also not working properly.

the only fault i admit is i took abit too long to confront her. cos i working 2 jobs, morning and night. didnt have enough time to test the camera.
*Friday late afternoon took it from her (have to wait nearly an hour for her some more), then rush to night job. bought a dry box near night job during break

*Saturday tested with a few frames, didnt finish the roll. and left camera inside dry box cos woke up late and have work at night again.

*Sunday- finished roll. try to find a shop that develop photos, cant find. place camera back in dry box

*Monday- found 1 shop, told me must wait 3 days to develop 1 roll of film. didnt have time, cos rushing to see Aaron Kwok after office hour. took camera to take Aaron Kwok photos

*Tuesday- finally chance upon a photo shop. paid for express 30min..received blank roll of negatives. told seller- tell me TRY AGAIN. said maybe my settings wrong.

*Wed- try again with another roll of film. shop owner confirm shutter spoil. told seller.
seller said camera in good working condition and i spoil camera myself.

initially when i took the camera from her, she tried to load the film but could not. yet she keep repeating Should be OK. camera in good working condition. ask me go find manual online to check. took half payment but told me once i fix the error i have to transfer the other half to her. if still not loading then i am to go fix the camera myself ( this moment started to have doubts that the camera is working). when i managed to load the film, being a noob, and a honest person, i thought it was really fine. should have just kept the other half and told her not working.

Last edited:
now i found another seller-on ebay selling F80 body.
seller say i can test in front of him. but i told him, this is film camera and need time to find shop to develop film then can tell if camera working or not.
i also no confident to test it by myself already:embrass:

anyone feeling super free to go along with me and help me check? of cos will pay for your taxi to and fro :embrass:

Last edited:
2 weeks ago..my 3 rolls of film came out blank.
today, i tried again with a 4th roll of film...surprisingly, 33 shots of images appeared! though pictures not sharp at all and foggy . looks grey (grey cast) . could be my settings, but i tried at different speed and apertures.

can anyone advise whats happening? anywhere i can get the camera checked at a reasonable rate? its killing me:(

Last edited:
Hi,
There is a possibility that the first 3 rolls were not properly loaded. You may not have pulled the film out and locked it on the roller. To avoid this, you could pull and load it, expose one frame and wind, see that the rull coils around the roller.
Another way to check if you fully loaded the film - after you shoot a frame, when you advance to the next frame, film lever should roll as well.

On the latest film being foggy - you could have a cloudy lense - check the back and front of your lense - they may be a bit clouded. If you had exposed the film in the last few days, chances are the there was moisture that fogged up. Try shooting a full film roll in doors and develop it... if it comes well, then in my view, the camera is usable

Photograpix.

rolls of film are correctly load. this is a confirmed thing.
pictures today are taken with newly bought roll of film- less then 20 mins old.
will upload pictures tomorrow as its film camera and i dont have a scanner at home.

lens are very clean, filter is very clean...cos i cleaned it 2 days ago.

not sure if i should call the pictures foggy..but the whole picture looks greenish grey. shall upload. sorry..total noob here

Last edited:
First image, originally very underexposed, the lab just pulled the exposure up for you for the print.
Second image, it looks normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.