help! errors galore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
can anyone explain the rotation of the polarizer thing? how to know to rotate by how much?

Originally posted by currahee
can anyone explain the rotation of the polarizer thing? how to know to rotate by how much?
erm, you rotate until you get the colour saturation that you're happy with... there's no definitive number or degree that you should stick to...

currahee, no offense ah, but judging from the number of threads you posted about photography, why don't you consider a photography course at PSS or SAFRA? you learn faster that way and i think it's better than posting questions here which you might not be getting the best explanation for...

again, just my 2 cents. it's not meant to insult or belittle... :D
peace!!!

Originally posted by kristlbel
i'm a newbie to photography.

recently, i brought my newly acquired 35mm SLR along for my holiday, hoping to experiment. needless to say, the shots were marred by my inexperience. throughout the entire trip, i'd forgotten to remove the polarizing filter at certain times. i wonder if this contributed to the final quality of the pictures. when do i use the filter, and when don't i use?

3. i used a 400 speed film to capture the dolphin and killer whale shows at sea world. the outcome was that the water was dark blue and blended in with the sky. the color contrast of the animals seemed to almost blend in with the water too. plus, the shots turned out grainy/ hazy. should i have used 200 speed film instead? lightning conditions were not bright sunlight, as the sky was a little overcast.

thanks in advance for any help!

I've finally managed to get hold of a scanner to scan my prints
at resolution 300. Hope they illustrate my problem better.
Film used was 400MAX. I think i used Program mode to
take all 4 shots. Can't remember :p

Need to cut and paste the URL :
http://kick.me.tripod.com/images/seaworld.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Originally posted by dbchoong
;p Sprained my neck looking at your pics....

Hmm... very grainy pics. Underexposed too.

:dent:

hehe... wanted to illustrate what i meant.
so is it due to the film speed? somehow, the color of
the animals seemed to blend with the water too.

Kodak MAX 400 is notoriously grainy (tho I don't remember my pix being as grainy as yours).
Yah what dbchoong said is right-- some of your pix are underexposed, so the developers (I think) compensate for that by clumsily making the photos generally lighter, which is what gives them that overall grayish cast.
Also, your shots are taken outdoors so you could have used 200 film.
If you're a newbie, you should invest in a digicam and play around with that first-- it really helps to you learn about exposure, speed, aperture etc. Not being dismissive-- I just find that it really helps me.

Status
Not open for further replies.