Hello Stranger.

ongmy

Jan 6, 2010
AMK
My first attempt at street photography. Any C&C is welcomed. Hope to learn and grow as a hobbyist photographer. :)

I'll like to start off with an old man I saw while I was crossing an overhead bridge, he was pushing a trolley with a large load of of old newspapers occupying the bus lane. At first, thought it was going to be just a few casual snaps. But as I walked away, felt I should continue following him. So here's the series of photographs I took of him.

Last edited:
#1 Initial Sighting

Last edited:

Last edited:

Just to add, as he was pushing his heavy cart, many cars passed by or was stuck behind him, many horned at him but he just kept on going, as if no one was around. I found out later while talking to his 75 year old man, he's only merely earning about $10+ bucks for all that work. He was all smiles and laughter as he was talking, made my heart feel uneasy.

Last edited:
Here are some of my other snaps.

Last edited:

Last edited:

Good stuff! Your first series on the old man can become a photo essay!

Many more nice ones but too many to comment! But i like #18 cos the umbrella is just too cute.

I like how you presented the hello stranger, nice conception! I think for a first attempt its really quite good, lovely tones and vivid colours!

I loved the fact that you engaged and interacted with the newspaper man. This made the series stand out from your other pics which were just shot from a distance. bravo!

Good stuff! Your first series on the old man can become a photo essay!

Many more nice ones but too many to comment! But i like #18 cos the umbrella is just too cute.

haa...the old man...see him quite often around the bugis area..really caught my eye.

I like how you presented the hello stranger, nice conception! I think for a first attempt its really quite good, lovely tones and vivid colours!

thank you. looking forward to more...glad you liked it...

I loved the fact that you engaged and interacted with the newspaper man. This made the series stand out from your other pics which were just shot from a distance. bravo!

thanks for your comment..yea...would love to engage with every person I capture...but most of the time...im just the observer...

Adding on some street portaits and photos for the week.

#23 Translate the future

#24 My Korean Sweetheart

Last edited: