Hello People!

Yes, female!
why ya...
budget on cam about 3k.

Yes, female!
why ya...
budget on cam about 3k.

Hi Carol,

3k can get you pretty decent gears for starter actually. Do you have any brands in particular that you prefer? What genre of photography are you interested (you can take a look at our gallery sections if not sure)? And what gears do you intend to get?

Here are some basic items to consider:
- DSLR with kit lens (maybe D90 if you like Nikon). If 3k is for the DSLR alone then perhaps you can consider the D700. :lovegrin:
- UV filter to protect the lens.
- Blower & micro fibre cloth to clean the lens.
- Dry cabinet (preferred)/box to keep out the fungus.
- Good and sturdy tripod for night scenes.
- External flash (preferably with high speed sync if you would like to use it as day time outdoor fill light).

Cheers. :)

thought of buying canon. 7D, friend keep asking me to buy 5dmkII

i'm interested in shooting Land/City-Scapes and Travel, Macros and Close-ups , Street and Candids and etc...

thanks for the suggestion btw :)

i'm interested in shooting Land/City-Scapes and Travel, Macros and Close-ups , Street and Candids and etc...

5D mk II is a full-frame camera with very high resolution. Not sure if it's really necessary. Your call.

Think about your budget a bit more. If it's $3K for everything, you shouldn't be looking at such a high-end camera.
You might want to get stuff like tripod, flash, large aperture lens, etc. Such stuff don't come cheap.
Not forgetting a dry cabinet as well.

5D mk II is a full-frame camera with very high resolution. Not sure if it's really necessary. Your call.

Think about your budget a bit more. If it's $3K for everything, you shouldn't be looking at such a high-end camera.
You might want to get stuff like tripod, flash, large aperture lens, etc. Such stuff don't come cheap.
Not forgetting a dry cabinet as well.

Good advice..
i second that.. :thumbsup:

First of all, welcome to CS!

5D Mk II will burst your budget. Like what Ziploc mentioned, you still need to get the other essentials and those can easily cost you another $1k. Since I am a Canon user myself, I am only able to recommend you Canon cameras since I have zero knowledge on Nikon. :bsmilie:

You can probably start off with the 50D or 550D plus kit lens. Not too sure if they still have the promotion for the 50mm f/1.8 lens. You can check those out at Cathay or John3:16.

Hope this bit of info helps.

thanks for all the advice again.
i will look into it :)
still can't decide what i wanted yet :think: