HCMC, Vietnam

i was there in Jan. Love taking photo of people though photography is no longer my passion. The photos i took http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/album.php?aid=142170&id=671456584&op=6

I'm not a tourist person, so i skipped some of the tourist places, but still went to the tunnel for its strong history cutlure. As for Mekong Delta, kinda regret going there coz it was very 'tourist'. I was there for a week, basically roamed around the place on foot.

To cross the road safely, just close ur eyes and walk ...

I went on my maiden trip there last April. It was a 5D4N trip.
We went to HCMC, Muine & Nha Trang with minimal expenditure.
I'm a bit ambitious.. Heheh!
I cant say I enjoy HCMC.. Just did some shopping there and nothing else.
But Mui Ne was my main highlight of the trip.
The sand dunes were really interesting.
And yes, as somebody has already mentioned, you can book your trip out via Sinh Tourist.
If you're interested, I've just posted about my Day 1 trip a few days ago on my blog here:

http://purple-cashmere.com/blog

But it's in the midst of updating, so nothing much for now.. Just Day 1 and there's the photos of the bus if you're interested.. But do try the Mekong Delta. I didnt have the time to go there.. but it'll be a nice photo op. :)

Not a particularly nice period of time to travel to Saigon at the moment. It's monsoon season till October. It's been raining a lot lately in the afternoon and will get wetter in the next few weeks. :(

I admit Saigon is not as scenic as the rest of the country but it offers ease for 1st time visitors. Mũi Né in Phan Thiết is over rated in my opinion. The red dunes are quite a sight but you must go there really early otherwise there will be lots of tourist and lots of foot prints that will spoil your shots.

Ring me up when you are here. It's been a while since I go shooting with a khaki.

Some images of people in Saigon which people took for granted and may soon disappear :(

_DSC0336.jpg

_DSC0324.jpg

_DSC8601.jpg

Hey Guys, thanks for sharing such useful information. It makes want to go to HCMC soon. Anyone going to HCMC in August, would love to have a travel kaki or kakis?

I'm heading to vn again ( yes, again. last trip was somewhere in may or june) in august.

HCMC is a place with good food and good coffee. Pumping 2 glasses of iced coffee a day is common when i was there.

Mmm... if you've never ever been to vn, then cu chi tunnels would be worthwhile. i went there when i was in secondary school.
ben thanh market, 'notredame' cathedral, etc. will be a few places you'd definitely find yourself going.

if you're willing to travel a little for landscapes, i was told dalat would be a worthwhile trip.

IMO, HCMC is not a scenic place, but good for street photography.
If you want a scenic place, you'll have to go elsewhere.
Do travel out if you have more days to spare..
And if you're interested, my Muine pics are already up.. :)

Cheers!

If your keen on buying gear there, Khanh Long Photo is the equivelant of Cathay Photo.

1D MK III goes for $3117, 50D goes for $1.1k

www.khanhlong.com