Have you ever wished that you can do photography like those in magazines ?

Did you always wished that you can shoot like those you see in magazines ?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought:

If you want to do this like they do in the commercial world...

(1) get an art director to come up with the Big Idea
(2) produce it (get the model/talents, location, props, etc)
(3) shoot it with the art director
(4) get a d.i artist to d.i it
(5) print it and send for awards

That's in a nutshell. But a pretty big and hard nut to crack. :sweat:

Art director... can be arranged. i know of a few fashion designers from CK and some brands. obviously ck and few other well known brands have local designers la. hahahaa..

Models / talents no issue for sure.

location props can be arranged if given enough support.

DI artist. i have 1 on hand. senior graphic designer + di.

print... lol... big boss here can handle it......

send for awards ?? maybe i will rather hold a mini exhibition if we have alot of nice prints.

i have noted the points. and will be discussing this with a few fashion designers and see how.

Good suggestions, p.k.
Looks like I've to volunteer for pt 5, not sure about the awards.:sweat:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: awards how ? lol... i also dunno.. no clues and no ideas.. :sweatsm: :dunno:

Art director... can be arranged. i know of a few fashion designers from CK and some brands. obviously ck and few other well known brands have local designers la. hahahaa..

Models / talents no issue for sure.

location props can be arranged if given enough support.

DI artist. i have 1 on hand. senior graphic designer + di.

print... lol... big boss here can handle it......

send for awards ?? maybe i will rather hold a mini exhibition if we have alot of nice prints.

i have noted the points. and will be discussing this with a few fashion designers and see how.

I just knew it'll be fun. I'm impressed what can be done when pulling resources together.
But it'll be so big that you'll need a strong will to see it thru.:sweat:
Too many cooks:eek: may just spoil the food.:bsmilie:

I just knew it'll be fun. I'm impressed what can be done when pulling resources together.
But it'll be so big that you'll need a strong will to see it thru.:sweat:
Too many cooks:eek: may just spoil the food.:bsmilie:

yah...i am trying to pool in as many resources i can on this....

:bsmilie: very tiring also... mentally i mean... but i know this can be done. no issues.

its just that how many csers are actually interested.

Winson, agree with you on the point of too many cooks.

Glennyong, looks like you've got some groundwork done already. Since you're the threadstarter, it'll then be your discretion as to the scope of what you plan to do and who you wish to work with.

On awards, i'm talking about the local Creative Circle Awards, Ink Awards, etcetc. Or maybe even D&AD and One Show and many others. They always have a photography section. If we're serious and aim to do great work, from conceptualisation to finished product, who knows? If you try and not win anything, at least you tried and know. If you don't try, you've already won nothing.

But ok, i concede it's rather ambitious, but one can always dream. And aspire by getting it done. Aim higher... if fall short, still got something great to exhibit.

Winson, agree with you on the point of too many cooks.

Glennyong, looks like you've got some groundwork done already. Since you're the threadstarter, it'll then be your discretion as to the scope of what you plan to do and who you wish to work with.

On awards, i'm talking about the local Creative Circle Awards, Ink Awards, etcetc. Or maybe even D&AD and One Show and many others. They always have a photography section. If we're serious and aim to do great work, from conceptualisation to finished product, who knows? If you try and not win anything, at least you tried and know. If you don't try, you've already won nothing.

But ok, i concede it's rather ambitious, but one can always dream. And aspire by getting it done. Aim higher... if fall short, still got something great to exhibit.

Die die must try, just for the challenge and fun.:bsmilie:

A & P Coordinator had won numerous print awards over the years, including “The Best of Both World” this April held in Bangkok. Organised by HP, it recognized the best use of digital imaging and printing excellence in Asia.

With 1/3 of the battle assured, the rest are on creativity and shooting skill. :thumbsup:

from yesterday's discussions, its more or less workable. with regarding with the quality of works, i will have no say because i will be organising, and whether i will be shooting also one big question mark.

from yesterday's discussion, amoung 3 of them. 2 had pale faces after hearing the points and etc etc.

i am trying to see how this planning can go about also. :bsmilie:

and of course. today i am operating with 40% capacity... my brain going into screensaver mode soon...

:faint:

i got another question. so far i have 40 pple who voted yes. so amoung the 40. who is willing and dare to pay or step up to say why u are interested ??

i may try to get sponsors in to fund for publishing and have them distributed to local design schools. ;)

Pale faces are a definite i guess. As well as high blood pressure.

But i think it's like that if you want to do things on a commercial scale or level, even if it's only for personal challenge and a portfolio / exhibition.

So it needs willpower and courage, and surely some experience. It's not going to be as easy as the usual TFCD kind of shoots that one can usually find in the Portraits/Poses section.

To answer your qns, glenn:

Interested?: Yes definitely. To start building a solid commercial portfolio.

Dare to pay?: Can't say now. You'll need to propose based on the scope you have in mind.

PM me to discuss in detail?

Hm... am i the only one? :dunno:

I must have scared everyone away... :angel:

i am looking forward to see some suggestions if not i will steer my team towards it already.

they are ready for activation anytime.

we are looking into studios location already.

So studio owners who wish to participate in this event can PM me also.

But u will need to have some furnitures like one sofa etc / and white background.

and we will need to discuss this further.

winson da ge. ur side must wait a while first yah! :thumbsup:

i got another question. so far i have 40 pple who voted yes. so amoung the 40. who is willing and dare to pay or step up to say why u are interested ??

i may try to get sponsors in to fund for publishing and have them distributed to local design schools. ;)

52 responded YES, a cool 80%.
"Yes ! i have always wanted to do something like that !"
But what and how are you going to achieve it?

52 responded YES, a cool 80%.
"Yes ! i have always wanted to do something like that !"
But what and how are you going to achieve it?

yes. we know theres so many people already.

so we are currently planning for a 4-5 phase of shoot.

the rest. a top secret project gg on...

the wall have ears !!!!! :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

i have on art director who used to do Motorola's concept CMs for them. dunno if he still wanna do or not. big question mark yet.

well. as for pricing..... still also a secret. but dun worry. not very too over expensive. prolly less then the price of a 50mm ;) (WAY lesser den that anyway.. )

As one of the 40, i ll step up, send me the details when you get any, especially on price. Cheers Glennyong, and upz for a great oppertunity.

hahahaha.... thanks ! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.