hasseblad 905swc

Status
Not open for further replies.

hortwizer

Feb 6, 2006
Anyone heard about this camera? Is it out yet.? My father's friend is thinking out getting it....;)

I thought this has been out for ages? Replaces the 903.

Is it? then do u have any idea whether any shops in singapore that sells it.?
:dunno:

If you're looking to buy the Hassy 905SWC new, then go to Cathay Photo and see if they have this in stock. Else try Gope's Photo at Tanglin Shopping Centre.

I bought a used 903SWC mint condition from a shop in Adelphi. I am very pleased with it. You might want to check around at Peninsula Plaza [nextdoor to Cathay] or Camera Workshop if you're keen on a used one.

Whatever, the Biogon 38mm/f3.5 is absolutely fabulous.

Good luck.

br/porcupine

there is a hassy showroom mat plaza singapura managed by Shiriro, they are hassy sole agent in sg.

Shiriro office is around bt merah, they open 8-5 sharp 5day a week. better go to plaza sg showroom.

Indeed there is a 903/M at the used cam shop next to Cathay. Not sure what the price is though.

Undoubtedly, the 903/905 is an amazing camera, but a practical alternative is the Mamiya 7II rangefinder with the 43mmF4.5 lens. The lens is also a Biogon type of design and is supposedly every bit as sharp and contrasty as the Hassy's 38mm Biogon. However one may feel there is a difference in color palette - it's really down to personal preference.

With Mamiya co. now being sold (to Cosmos I believe), Cathay is selling the cameras/lenses at a good discount. I think you can pretty much pick up a new Mamiya 7II + 43mm lens for the same price as a used 903SWC.

well, Thanks for your replies;) . i'll go find out about it. hopefully plaza sing still carries it ya;)

I enquired with the showroom in Plaza Singapura, last year, about their 905 SWC. The SWC is now out of production. Apparently, the camera in the showroom was the last one.

The salesman in the showroom did not appear to be interested in selling the gear and took a while before he put aside his newspaper. I think it is because they don't really encounter many people who are genuinely keen on purchasing a camera. I would have bought that 905SWC, but the salesman had to telephone his manager, and after a while, they decided not to sell it and wanted to retain it for their showroom.

Rather unfortunately, I have not bought any Hasselblad gear from Singapore; it would be nice to be able to support the dealers in Singapore. I found my XPAN II marginally cheaper in the UK. I bought the 905SWC from Yodabashi when I was in Japan. The 905SWC cameras are still available from the USA, so you may wish to explore that avenue. I am now in Melbourne and I have not seen any.

The Mamiya 7II rangefinder is also a very good suggestion, but I thought about the flexibility of a digital back with the SWC. I don't think it is possible to use a digital back with the Mamiya 7(?).

Whatever it is, I think these cameras are really great and will give you a tremendous amount of satisfaction. Good luck!

My experience with them is just the opposite. The lady I spoke to was more than happy to sell the 905 to me and even asked for my contact no. when I said I'll consider their offer.

Have you tried Camera Exchange? They are one of the few that I know of which deals with the larger formats.

there is a hassy showroom mat plaza singapura managed by Shiriro, they are hassy sole agent in sg.

Shiriro office is around bt merah, they open 8-5 sharp 5day a week. better go to plaza sg showroom.

Actually, Shriro is not only the agent, they actually have a 51% stake in Hasselblad the company.

There was a lady who worked in the showroom and was very helpful, but unfortunately, I got the salesman instead. I have not seen her again in my last previous visits and was not there when I had my mind set on the 905SWC. If there is a second hand 903SWC available, perhaps you might want to consider it.

Happy hunting and happy shooting!

Status
Not open for further replies.