Harsh comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
JimDavis said:
You go and take 2 photos: 1 with skylight and one without, then show us lar. Need to experiment mah...right? ;) :bsmilie:

Lolz.....i will take and post....look out for it soon!

;)
hee glad that it's better..
90% of the time, it's the monitor problem..
I really wonder why everyone doesn't turn contrast to 100%

hee though your last 2 photos are under-exposed by about 1 stop or so...

heh i never got to try skylight filter b4.. do take a photo and lemme see..
heh i also curious about the effect..

Yo ppls....these r the 2 pics for comparisions. Taken ard 6pm. Btw, I am still curious y actual file size is only 1.6-1.8mb....already at fine quality, next level up is TiFF. kinda weird for 5MP DC.

anyway here u go:

With Hoya Skylight HMC 1B
P1010823.jpg

Without filter
P1010824.jpg

Hoya 55mm HMC Skylight(1B)
61d46ecb.jpg

Can see the diff from the sky hues....with filter is reddish, without is greenish. Which is more desirable? Will this be the same with a UV filter?

Got another qn....with the lens adaptor on, using flash, I find myself with a dark area at the bottom of the camera. I guess its because the flash is not place high enuf shoot the flash further to avoid the adapter. Is there any way to get ard this?? pls help, Thanks!!
P1010825.jpg

to get around on the black area...zoom in alittle if when using flash...you may wish to compare without zoom(got black area)...then with 2x or 3x zoom and see if the black area disappear. mine work best after the 2x zoom range.

Alrighty! thanks! i will try again! hw u find the filtered effect?

dominator said:
to get around on the black area...zoom in alittle if when using flash...you may wish to compare without zoom(got black area)...then with 2x or 3x zoom and see if the black area disappear. mine work best after the 2x zoom range.

Not sure if you are using the original lens hood or Lotus hood with internal flash?

If so, try to take a photo with internal flash without the lens hood...that will help.

JimDavis said:
Not sure if you are using the original lens hood or Lotus hood with internal flash?

If so, try to take a photo with internal flash without the lens hood...that will help.

Hi Jim, for tat pic, its taken with FZ5 inbuilt flash. No lotus hood attached, just my filter and adapter. thats all. I guess i gotta zoom out 2x to eliminate that effect.....anyway, is skylight filter suitable for a normal lens protecter? thanks!;p

StanGetz said:
Alrighty! thanks! i will try again! hw u find the filtered effect?

my friend had a skylight filter permanent attached to his camera too while i believe most of the people here use the uv filter. To me skylight no problem la.

however to comment on the 2 building photos why you use those setting causing your photo to under so much..

natnivek said:
I think -1/3 is a little too much. That's why the pictures look a little too under exposed. I presume that you were having this shoot somewhere in the morning right? You can try changing your EV back to 0 & see the difference.

I tweaked one of your pic a little. What I'm trying to show is that if you're not completely satisfied with the original pic, you can still salvage it a little by PSing (Levels & curves). Couldn't save the sky though... Too little info there.

39249382-L.jpg

But of course, if the original pic is already satisfactory, you can save a lot of time on your comp & take more pics... ;)

On another note, based on the weather you can experiment with other kinds of "feel" to the pic too... Here's another changed to B&W. (I prefer this one actually;p )

39249703-L.jpg

Hope this helps.

Oh yah, let me know if you don't like the pics, I will take it down immediately.

Cheers bro! :devil:

I like this 1... felt the feel and the impact of the photo...kinda solem. gloomy

StanGetz said:
Hi Jim, for tat pic, its taken with FZ5 inbuilt flash. No lotus hood attached, just my filter and adapter. thats all. I guess i gotta zoom out 2x to eliminate that effect.....anyway, is skylight filter suitable for a normal lens protecter? thanks!;p

Maybe u can try moving a little bit backwards to open up your working distance and use zoom in.

I get shadows when i go too close, using my built-in flash.
When i start to stack lens and filter and i get shadows I will do either
1) remove unrequired lens and filters from the stack
2) Use external flash

Hi Dom, maybe i still got much to learn, but i realli dunno wat caused such under expose. It was set Aperture Piority Mode, f2.8, iso80. shl actually allow much light in, but y iz it still under expose?

Hope u can teach me out. thanks@!

dominator said:
my friend had a skylight filter permanent attached to his camera too while i believe most of the people here use the uv filter. To me skylight no problem la.

however to comment on the 2 building photos why you use those setting causing your photo to under so much..

StanGetz said:
Hi Dom, maybe i still got much to learn, but i realli dunno wat caused such under expose. It was set Aperture Piority Mode, f2.8, iso80. shl actually allow much light in, but y iz it still under expose?

yup! thanks, i thank you for the advice. I guess putting it 2x zoom to elimate it, no have such many lens or filters to stack up nw! thanks

StanGetz said:

i am sure your camera had "metered" the sky and thus under the overall. maybe you can try out different metering mode or your style of aiming?
and for landscape f2.8 1/500 iso80 too wide la.

my angmo no good, maybe the expert here can explain better :)

Thanks, i think i will keep shooting to find out the result......this photography thing is getting me excited all the time! by the way, pana forum dun orgainse outings anymore?

dominator said:
i am sure your camera had "metered" the sky and thus under the overall. maybe you can try out different metering mode or your style of aiming?
and for landscape f2.8 1/500 iso80 too wide la.

my angmo no good, maybe the expert here can explain better :)

StanGetz said:
Yo ppls....these r the 2 pics for comparisions. Taken ard 6pm. Btw, I am still curious y actual file size is only 1.6-1.8mb....already at fine quality, next level up is TiFF. kinda weird for 5MP DC.

anyway here u go:

With Hoya Skylight HMC 1B
P1010823.jpg

Without filter
P1010824.jpg

hmmm never thought it'll affect the colours so much..
Personally i feel that it gives a deeper bluer sky colour.. makes the sky looks more pure.. I've always not liked our singapore sky colour for it's a bit cyan/lightblue for me?
hmmmmm heh is there any difference shooting people?
LOL makes me feel like getting a skylight to shoot landscape and seesee...

unseen said:
hmmm never thought it'll affect the colours so much..
Personally i feel that it gives a deeper bluer sky colour.. makes the sky looks more pure.. I've always not liked our singapore sky colour for it's a bit cyan/lightblue for me?
hmmmmm heh is there any difference shooting people?
LOL makes me feel like getting a skylight to shoot landscape and seesee...
HI some info your u:

Extracted from: http://www.thkphoto.com/products/hoya/gf-02.html

""Reduces the excessive bluishness that frequently occurs in outdoor color photography, especially in open shade under a clear, blue sky. The absorption peak is in the range which corresponds to the film's green spectrum. This means outstanding outdoor shots with superb color balance and clarity under all conditions. Also keeps skin tones free of colored reflections from nearby objects such as the shade of trees.""

It seems it will reduce blue instead....but in my pic, it seems to enhance the blues....by reducing amount of greens perhaps? haha. nt very sure. By the way, where can i find a good cleaning kit?

Stanz yeah outing seems to be dead. And newbie seem like not keen to join outing. I see them more keen on asking what to buy and add...maybe secret training.

Cleaning kit? Want to use my ultra-sonic bath? For filters only not lens. It is almost the same you see in some spectacle shops but mine is industrial type...more powerful and cleaner! ;)

Lolz hw does ur cleaning kit looks like...?? well i need a claening kit nw and a gd camera bag....going to simlim sometime this week......any nice place or shop to intro??

Regarding outings, i find it a very good opportunity to share and discuss knowledge on cameras and photography skills.....still remember bout 4-5mths back when i was still saving up for a camera, always envied u all going to outings shoots and etc....like JimDavis, Lifeworld were stil every active then,......nw dat i got a cam, no more le...haha

anyway i wana thank u all. ur advcie r very appreciated!:)

dominator said:
Stanz yeah outing seems to be dead. And newbie seem like not keen to join outing. I see them more keen on asking what to buy and add...maybe secret training.

Cleaning kit? Want to use my ultra-sonic bath? For filters only not lens. It is almost the same you see in some spectacle shops but mine is industrial type...more powerful and cleaner! ;)

coloured reflections??!?
LOL dunno about you guys, my photos of pple under tress never had them looking green.. hmmmmmmmm ;)
heh anyway ya the w/o one the sky got a tinge of green, making it a bit cyan.. i suppose that's why looks bluer.. hmmmmmmm then.. does it mean plants will look bleached?
haha

can always organise outings.. hmmm but now i'm in the midst of my exams..
wait.. wat the hell am i doing here?
*run off to study*

yup! i wud like to join any outings if i had any chance. meantime, i wud like to OT abit....want to ask is there any tripods which i can get for maybe $30-$50 bucks? 2nd hand is ok too.....cos im using my dads one which is quite heavy...thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.