Hard Disk Cloning

Bro, I'm not sure if you have purchased the Drobo. I find that it's a waste of money. Just pay for a copy of Norton Ghost, get a USB hard disk with a large capacity (which is very cheap), and start doing cloning of your hard disk. You can specify to clone to different folders for different versions. Cheap and good. :)

:bsmilie: .... I have been Drobo user for 4 over years. I owned the 1st generation Drobo (USB version) imported from US and still running well as my NAS for my network. Last year purchased Drobo S, now running as my image editing, storing and backup through eSATA.
Trust me, data transfer through eSATA is very fast.

I had gave up using external hard disk with small GB. Two of my Seagate 320 external hard disk had crashed within months of usage. I don't trust them for backup purpose. Anyone have a electric saw for me to torture them? :devil:

Now I just want to clone my current seagate Hard disk to WD Raptor. Currently, strange sounds started to pop out which worries me. Of course, the hard disk is around 1 year old running 24/7. :sweat:

I've tried using Ghost to clone from a smaller hard disk to a larger one. Have not tried the other way round, but I guess it should work, as long as the data being cloned is not larger than the destination disk.

That one only recongise the hard disk space, not the data inside. If your source disk is 500gig, you cannot clone to a small hard disk.

:bsmilie: .... I have been Drobo user for 4 over years. I owned the 1st generation Drobo (USB version) imported from US and still running well as my NAS for my network. Last year purchased Drobo S, now running as my image editing, storing and backup through eSATA.
Trust me, data transfer through eSATA is very fast.

I had gave up using external hard disk with small GB. Two of my Seagate 320 external hard disk had crashed within months of usage. I don't trust them for backup purpose. Anyone have a electric saw for me to torture them? :devil:

Now I just want to clone my current seagate Hard disk to WD Raptor. Currently, strange sounds started to pop out which worries me. Of course, the hard disk is around 1 year old running 24/7. :sweat:

Guess you have a much advanced system than I do. Good for you. Have fun!

But back to your question. I guess Ghost should work for you.

Guess you have a much advanced system than I do. Good for you. Have fun!

But back to your question. I guess Ghost should work for you.

You just imagine seeing color lights on my system.

Thanks for the recommendation. :)
My friend recommended me Acronis.

Last edited: