Guidelines for Underwater Photography Usergroup sub-forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
We recognise that this being the first Usergroup sub-forum and which involves a complex sport, the guidelines for posts (especially Off-Topic posts) will be gray for the initial period.

Thus, for discussions and posts in this sub-forum, the general guideline is that the thread/post must somehow be related to the action of "taking images underwater" - and logically speaking, will run the gamut of "Where do I get my divers cert?" to "What diving equipment is suitable for xxx or yyy?" to "Where do barracudas congregrate during spawning?" to "Where is the most affordable place to stay at country ABC's famous dive spot?"

Thus, while we understand that the topics that will be discusssed here will be varied and colourful, we remind members to try and stay on-topic for the most part.

just to add a few points, of which some of you should have observed and are complying with.

1. no buy/sell threads in UWCS, of which will be moved to Buy/Sell category. but it has to be photography related. Items like BCDs, regulators, fins, masks, snorkels, gear bags, gloves etc are not allowed to be posted for sale.

list of items which are presently regarded photography related:
strobes
torches (sometimes used instead of strobes as uw lighting)
diffusers.
uw lenses, domes, ports
underwater housing
trays
brackets
sync cords,
TTL Sensors,
Manual Sensors,
Strobe Arm systems,
Optical Fibre cords

those who feel that there are other items which assist in uw photography, please advise and we shall evaluate if it shall be allowed. the obvious photography stuff will not be in qtn, definitely.

2. discussion on UWCS
photography related - more on skills, techniques, settings etc.
equipment discussion - you may wanna see the list of photography related items above as reference.
trips organising
UWCS SEED organising
no OT allowed, as with any subforums on ClubSNAP.
diving related events

we wanna keep UWCS as a photography subforum, and not towards the trend of other dive related forums.

any comments, please advise and we discuss.

Hi all,

There has been a few MO's being organized(or being mentioned) recently in the Underwater Photography sub-forum, since we are a community of clubsnap, i guess we should follow the rules that has governed this community thus far.

For all members that are interested in conducting MO's please read this thread.

An important point is that ,the MO organizer must conform to the following rules that has been set here

Having that, The MO organizer will have to post the specific MO in Consumer's Corner and Services, in reference to that, you can create a thread and post the link in the Underwater Photography sub-forum. If need be you can also use "ups" to bump your posts for more attention.

Hi all,

Of late, there has been alot of new forum members asking about housings for their various cameras.

Thus this post to point all that are interested onto the right direction

For all those that are looking for housings please do folloe this link at www.digideep.com

cheers and happy searching

Just an update on the guidelines for the subforum.

I guess we had all thought that photo sharing meant that you would like to show the members your photos, sharing with them the wonders of the underwater world that you had seen and captured, and sharing on the technicalities and composition in taking the picture and exchanging pointers.

Since it had become abruptly apparent that this is not the case, may I encourage members who wish to receive critiques and comments on your photos to indicate so. e.g. indicating "Please comment" / "How do you like my photos huh?"

Those who do not state so, suggest that members do not comment. But as of now, it is not a rule on the subforum that members are not allowed to comment. If you really cannot take comments, please state explicitly so.

If members had unwittingly commented (note: not sarcastically criticised) on your photos which you feel that you had not asked for, please politely relate the message to the member(s) instead of jumping at a hostile defence. We are all here to share and learn from one another. ClubSNAP has always been a helpful and "smurfy" forum. Lets keep it that way :)

Update:

Please note that opening threads to post links to the Buy and Sell subforum is no longer allowed. Kindly restrict Buy and Sell activities to the appropriate subforum.

Recently there have been direct post of Buying/Selling of gear/equipments directly in this sub-forum. I have been kind enough to bend beivied's instructions slightly by allowing links, but we're putting a stop to this.

Following beivied's last post here and she being the main moderator.

As from today all direct posting or links to B&S in CS will be deleted without notice.

All supporting moderators in this sub-forum please adhere to her instructions.

Quote from beivied's post:-

"Please note that opening threads to post links to the Buy and Sell subforum is no longer allowed. Kindly restrict Buy and Sell activities to the appropriate subforum.
"

Members who ignore this Guideline and post repeatedly of any direct or links of personal Buy&Sell will be issued infraction points.

Status
Not open for further replies.