Guide to find wedding photographer - ask him what kind of cam he use!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zaren said:
thx for sharing the article, paul.

what's wrong with a D70? lots of pros shoot with it!
Zaren, is right, what's wrong with a D70. U may heard it b4;
"It's the singer not the song."
I still use my D100 to shoot for wedding days and I charge lots for it.
Photographers ability does not come from his camera, I can shoot equally good pics with a FM2. I think the writer has a wrong advice. :( Does he mean that someone with a 1DSMK2 can shoot better than another with D70 or me with D100?:nono:
Judging a photographers ability is not by the camera he used but by the quality of his work,
his framing, composition, perspective, blar, blar, blar.
It's good that even ameture photographer charge for their services that they provide.
By charging, there is a sense of comittment. He/she feel an obligation to provide quality work.
That's why I told many photographers to go ahead and charge because you will also need to upgrade your equipment or "suay suay" the lens drop during assignment.:sweat:
You may say buy insurance. Hey, buy insurance also need m0ney $$$ leh.
Go shoot more, build-up your portfolio and you will have confidence to charge more than you can think of D2X (not D200). Remember: "it's the singer not the song". If u can't sing don't blame the song. Owing a D70 does not make u a lesser photographer. It's u to determine.

I will be looking for a wedding photog very soon and I will definitely ask any potential candidates what camera they will be using. Why? Why not?! I wouldn't say it would be the deal breaker but as someone who knows equipment, I would be interested. I think these guidelines are pretty ok - if the only guideline was to ask what camera they used then shoot the author down but as part of a package of questions, I think it is valid.

dawgbyte77 said:
After all these questions, the couple's budget is $500. Based on my experience in a different line (non-photography), people with high budget are easier to work with and people with low budget will never be satisfied and will try to keep getting more and more of their money's worth. Kiasu style.
U r quite right. Think of it, those with little budget always ask lots of question, bcos they wany to make their dolloooooooooor stratch.:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Phildate said:
I will be looking for a wedding photog very soon and I will definitely ask any potential candidates what camera they will be using. Why? Why not?! I wouldn't say it would be the deal breaker but as someone who knows equipment, I would be interested. I think these guidelines are pretty ok - if the only guideline was to ask what camera they used then shoot the author down but as part of a package of questions, I think it is valid.
Phildate may be right. It's Ok to ask as a package of questions.
Hey Paul, buy a socondhand D1X (look firece and make you look like a veteran)
Don't say your pics is shoot with D70 just show the D1X.:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.