GUARANTEED LOWEST PRICES for Lexar, Hagiwara, Kingston & SanDisk Memory Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
try to pm but...

EastGear has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

will be good if they accept email queries too..

FujiS2 said:
try to pm but...

EastGear has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

I think there is another shop in OG building that is also offering a competitive pricing.

EastGear, do you mean if example another singapore based site sell the toshiba Cf card at $65, you will match to their price, plus with the jewel case? just curious

But in view of the warranty, exceptional sales support (that shop engaged some ladies who knows nothing abt their product), opening hrs, free useful jewel casing, i would still vote for EastGear even if their product is a few bucks more ex.

Hi Daniel,

Thanx for the recommendation. However, you may like to note that some models, if not all of Canon's camera may not be able to work well with Hagiwara compact flashes, even if they're cheaper and of a better built.

I've personally experienced this with my Canon G3, which 'hanged' my camera. The Sandisk ones worked well with no problems. I'm not saying that all cameras will not work with Hagiwaras, but this is my experience. I've also met the Canon sales guy, which happened to be in the shop when I returned for an exchange to Sandisk. He mentioned that Hagiwara is not built to the standard, which is invented by Sandisk.

Since I changed to the Sandisk CFs, no problem from there onwards.

EastGear said:
Dear Sir,

I apologise for the inconvenience caused to you.

In my hurry to reply your PM, I mistakenly saw your order as a Hagiwara 256MB CF. That is why I said that you can collect the order immediately as we have plenty of stock of Hagiwara & Toshiba 256MB Compact Flash.

It is my oversight and I apologise for that.

However, I was personally there when you came to collect the order. I would have personally apologise and explain the situation to you had you not got onto the phone and carried on with the phone conversation until you leave the shop.

The reason we stock Hagiwara & Toshiba CF instead of SanDisk CF is because both Hagiwara & Toshiba CF uses a faster, better memory chip made in Japan, while SanDisk is made in China. Hagiwara & Toshiba 256MB CF is also much cheaper at $68 compared to SanDisk which is $85. Warranty for Hagiwara is also longer (lifetime "1 for 1" warranty) while Toshiba & SanDisk have the same 1 year warranty. Given these reasons, most of our customers prefer Hagiwara & Toshiba over SanDisk, which is the reason why we stock more of the former. We are still able to get SanDisk but on indent basis.

Once again I apologise for your time and money wasted in travelling down to our. I offer to deliver the SanDisk 256MB CF (at my initial offer price of $68) to you. I hope that your kind self can give us another chance to prove that EastGear does have good service.

Please PM, email or call me to arrange for a suitable delivery time and location.

Daniel Chin
Marketing Manager
daniel@eastgear.com
Tel: 68371582

Virgo said:
Hi Daniel,

Thanx for the recommendation. However, you may like to note that some models, if not all of Canon's camera may not be able to work well with Hagiwara compact flashes, even if they're cheaper and of a better built.

I've personally experienced this with my Canon G3, which 'hanged' my camera. The Sandisk ones worked well with no problems. I'm not saying that all cameras will not work with Hagiwaras, but this is my experience. I've also met the Canon sales guy, which happened to be in the shop when I returned for an exchange to Sandisk. He mentioned that Hagiwara is not built to the standard, which is invented by Sandisk.

Since I changed to the Sandisk CFs, no problem from there onwards.

Hi Virgo,

Thank you for your feedback. We are aware that a batch of Hagiwaras have a slight problem which caused the card to "hang" in certain cameras. However that was a long time ago which incidentally coincide with the launch of the Canon G3 camera.

The current batches of Hagiwaras are relatively defect free and we have sold quite a lot of Hagiwaras with very little returns.

From my personal experience in selling memory cards for over 2 years, I have seen product returns from almost every brand and model, even from the very high end brands. Today, one of my customer refused to consider SanDisk cards because he had a bad experience whereby one of his card did not work with the Zirco Z3 PDA Phone.

While we cannot guarantee that every product line is 100% defect free, we protect consumers by giving "1 for 1" exchange for all memory cards, as long as you can show that the product is faulty.

You can sure that if you can a memory card from EastGear, your investment is protected by one of the leading distributors of memory cards and digital camera accessories.

Thanks and regards,

Daniel Chin
Marketing Manager
EastGear Pte Ltd

I bought the above card reader from eastgear after it's sales people assured me that it would work with a 4-6 pin firewire cable. It doesnt. It works fine with the 6-6 pin cable.

Would anyone from eastgear like to comment?

headlesschook said:
I bought the above card reader from eastgear after it's sales people assured me that it would work with a 4-6 pin firewire cable. It doesnt. It works fine with the 6-6 pin cable.

I'm not from East Gear, but I know what is wrong. A 4-pin cable does not carry power. Therefore, the card reader will not work, unless it has it's own power adapter, which is unlikely the case.

Only 6-pin cables carry power.

I am aware that the 4 pin socket does not provide power, which is why i asked specifically whether the card reader would work off a 4 pin firewire port.

headlesschook said:
I am aware that the 4 pin socket does not provide power, which is why i asked specifically whether the card reader would work off a 4 pin firewire port.

For me, no power implies not working. Pretty standard for all electronic products I have seen in my life.

Hi EastGear, How much does a 512mb Hagiwara CF card cost? Do u have stock in hand? Hp 98511624

headlesschook said:

Hi,

The Firewire Card Reader will only work with the 6-6 pin cable (one of which is provided with the reader). We apologise for any miscommunication of the product features. You can return the product to our shop for a full refund any time.

Thanks and regards.

Attention

As our PM inbox is bogged with many sales enquries, please note that we are making the following changes to smoothen the ordering process.

Please make sales enquries via phone (Tel: 68371582) or email (sales@eastgear.com). Kindly identify that you are from ClubSnap and let us know if you have any prices for us to match.

Only use PM for ordering purposes, we sent back a PM to confirm your order.

hmm using a Canon Powershot A310 with the 128MB Hagiwara CF card bought from EastGear w/o any problems...

EastGear said:
Hi,

The Firewire Card Reader will only work with the 6-6 pin cable (one of which is provided with the reader). We apologise for any miscommunication of the product features. You can return the product to our shop for a full refund any time.

Thanks and regards.

Hi EastGear,

Thanx for clearing that up. Since I've already ripped up the packaging etc, I'll just keep the card reader and use it on my desktop PC and stick to a USB one for my notebook.

I'm using the Hagiwara 256Mb CF card without problems on my EOS300D too..

yocoolboy said:
hmm using a Canon Powershot A310 with the 128MB Hagiwara CF card bought from EastGear w/o any problems...

Come to EastGear for the best prices in memory cards. :rbounce:

Call 68371582 for quotation.

EastGear Pte Ltd
#02-02 Peninsula Plaza
Open:
Mon-Fri: 11am-8pm
Sat: 11am-7pm
Sun & P. holidays: Closed

Hi Eastgear,

I saw a hardisk case in the centra of the advertisement of your PC show 2004 about SG$249 without the harddisk.
Could you provide the model and brand of that hd-case? I am interest about it.

Best Regards,

Alex

lszomb said:
Hi Eastgear,

I saw a hardisk case in the centra of the advertisement of your PC show 2004 about SG$249 without the harddisk.
Could you provide the model and brand of that hd-case? I am interest about it.

Best Regards,

Alex

You can see http://www.3hdigital.com for more information.

Currently we are out of stock.

Only our dealer, Alan Photo (#01-38 Sim Lim Square) has 40GB & 60GB versions of it.

More stock will be coming at the end of the month.

I'd PM you (see below) 3 days ago about price quotation but still no reply yet
Anyway UPZ for EASTGEAR

bip916 said:
Hi there,
Can you please provide me with the price for below items:-
1) Lexar Professional WA Series CompactFlash CF (40X) 256MB (Bundled with Image Rescue software version 2.0)?
2) HiTi photo 630PS ribbon cartridge & paper for 50 images?

Thanks
QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.