GRAIN is dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember meeting 2 lady in some IT show last year and they were very positive. But deep down in my hearts I know they will not last long. But i must say it is a brave move for them. :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

the reason that singapore is too small to support photo magazines is not really credible since photoI, lightbox, asian photography are still around. if the market is small, what are the rest doing?

Gosh, GRAIN is 'dead'. i been waiting for it many months that i even lost count of it. My gf told me it relased a new copy last week. I thought it was true. When we went to TIMES to check it out just now. it was still the previous mag. How sad.. R.I.P. Bound to miss 'you'. :bheart:

star69 said:
the reason that singapore is too small to support photo magazines is not really credible since photoI, lightbox, asian photography are still around. if the market is small, what are the rest doing?

Grain tried to be different. They didn't gave out photography tips or much gear review. But I like it nonetheless. They tend to write more about the culture of photography and feature local talents.

http://www.offstone.com/photo/showthread.php?t=8906&highlight=grain

i thought that the recent grain issues were better, but still i roughly agree with my earlier evaluation: not enough real substance. they did do gear reviews, but no real work there. nothing compared to Amateur Photographer's. their more 'arty-farty' pieces didn't give enough real insight into photography IMO.

my local fave is photo-i. all-round fave is AP

EiRiK said:
not a very impressive mag
its just a matter of time

I agreed. I bought the first copy, and read a few from the library and IMHO the content really not up to standard compared to those from Europe or America. Some photos used really sucks and or low standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.